Chapter 1

Elena POV:
I fiddle with the ends of my light grey sweater, what can I say it was a nerve thing, I look around anxiously waiting for the plane to take off. I pulled out my phone and flicked through some old photos of me and Damon, I feel my eyes start to water and wipe away a lone tear. I took a deep breath,

"Come on Elena remember why your here," I whisper to myself, "you are going to start a new life with NO supernatural beings... Besides the fact that you're a forever living monster." I roll my eyes at my own sly comment. I look around and realise people must think I'm nuts.

I listen to the intercom as the pilot speaks "good evening ladies and gentlemen we will taking off shortly, but for please direct your attention to the front of you cabin where the lovely flight attendants will be running through basic emergency procedures, Thank you." I look at the front but quickly become bored as the procedures go on forever, eventually they stop and return to the back of the cabin.

The engines fire up and My anxiety quickly takes over luckily the intercom comes on to take my mind off things " Hello ladies and gentlemen, it is now time to take off and I would like to announce that all seat belts must fastened before take of, Thank you."

I quickly tighten my seat belt and lean head against the window, it had been quite a rain day today so I traced the droplets on the window with my finger on glass. Once the plane had enough time to warm up the plane began to forward down the runaway and eventually started to take off. The plane shook violently as we ascended further up into the sky. Finally the plane pasted the clouds and came to a smooth steady pace.

I couldn't help but feel utterly exhausted. My eyelids become heavy and I'm about to fall asleep when I hear a high toned voice come from the isle, "uh-umm, madam, would like any refreshments?" I groan uncontrollably and turn to face the sweet young lady,she had blonde hair that reached her shoulders, hoop earrings, and basic makeup.
"A bottle of water would be fine thanks" I say quietly. She shuffles through the trolley, she whips her face up from the trolley and eagerly hands me the bottle of chilled water,
"Umm, thanks" I say. "No problem" she says in a perky voice. I sit back in the seat and watch her move her way further up the plane, when before I know it I'm back in mystic falls with Damon by my side. I hug and kiss him like nothing ever happened. A sigh of happiness and content sweeps over me.

"Umm, madam..." An annoying voice rings in my ear. "... Madam, the plane has landed" I shoot open my eyes, plane... Landed... What, and then I remember I wasn't back at home and I wasn't with Damon. I feel a tear fill my eye but I refuse to cry in front of a flight attendant. So I push it aside, grab my luggage from the assigned place above me and move off the plane.

I sit down on the airport chairs and check my phone,
1 missed call from Stephan Salvatore
I smile at the thought of someone wanting to make sure I arrived okay. I call him back and he picks up on the third ring,
"Hey, Stephan here"
"Hey Stephan, it's Elena returning your call and letting you know I got here okay"
"Ohh, hey Elena! I hope the flight wasn't too mortifying"
"Nah it wasn't too bad" I lie.
"That's good, well Care (Caroline) has me on festival decorations so I'll call you later?"
"Ohh that's right, I totally forgot about the Mystic Falls Festival, well catch you later"
"See ya"
I click end on the phone call and walk outside to catch a taxi. A classic yellow taxi pulls up in front of me, I open the door and slide in.
"Where to madam?" The taxi driver asks.
"Beacon Hills, 25 summerhills street please"
"Rightio" he replies.
I pull my phone back out of my skinny jeans pocket and flick through the photos again of me and Damon, I release a sigh of sadness...
"Look I don't know you, and well, you don't know me but what ever happened I'm sure it will get better" I smile at the drivers kind remark,
"Thanks it's a long story but short version I'm here to start over or hit the reset button in figurative terms" he smiled at me, and I returned the smile.
"You are very brave, many people I know have not been so willing to restart and are stuck living in past." He looked down sadly, "but hey what would a silly taxi driver know"
"Don't be down on yourself, who else would help those helpless, license-less slackers" we both released a small chuckle.

I sat back down in my seat content with our conversation and deleted all the old photos accept one. Hey you never know. I opened my clutch purse and smiled at the group photo with me, Damon, Stephan, Caroline, Bonnie, Jeremy, Ric, and Matty. I put my photo back into my clutch and pull out my phone
1 message from Jeremy
I unlock my phone and open it up it reads:
Hey sis, hope your having fun, sorry I didn't text you sooner but I've been hanging with bonnie, she says hi and good luck we can't wait see you
XOXO
The car halts to a stop and my phone flies out my hand hits the seat in front and lands on the car floor.
"Sorry about that love, the house numbers are hard to read" he squints at my letter box, "yup, sure enough 25"
"No problem," I say as I bend down and pick up my phone.

I climb out of car, open up the boot and grab my suit case, I fumble around looking for the house key, "AHA" I blurt out. Whoops. I thank and pay the taxi driver and he drives off leaving me standing at the pathway to my new beginning. I look around and it looks just like it did on the website...
A white two story house with simple square windows dotted around, a red door and Frame to match, with a little brick path leading up to the front porch, the front yard was plain; grass and small rose bushes surrounding the outside of the porch accept where the three little steps leading to the front door laid.

I walk up the pathway suitcase in hand, I walk up the steps but on the second step I lose balance and start to fall backwards, I close my eyes waiting for the pain but a pair of strong tan arms catch me. I turn around to thank my rescuer when I met by a boy no older then 18, he had cute brown eyes resembling a puppy, short but not to short brown hair and a red t-Shirt with grey seems that nicely fit his obvious muscles
"Hi, I'm Scott, and umm might wanna watch your step" he laughs a little.
"Umm, thanks," I out stretch my arm for a handshake "Eleanor, nice to meet you"
He shakes my hand and I notice a two strip black tattoo on his left upper arm, "nice tatt,"
"Thanks" he gives me a warm smile "so umm, I'm your neighbour I live just over there," he points to a house to my left, "I will be just over there if you need anything"
"Thanks"
"Well I better get going, lots of homework to do" he gives me a smile and takes off towards his house.

I smile to myself, I think I'm going to like here. I walk back up the stairs and get the key out of my back pocket and stick it into the lock, the door swings opens and I step inside. I look around and all my boxes of stuff has already been arrived and messily shoved into the area I'm hoping on making my living room.

I walk up stairs and smile, thankfully the bed had been put in the correct place. I walk downstairs and search through the boxes until I find the ones that say 'Bedroom'. I found 4 boxes and stacked on top of each other and go back up stairs. I place the on the floor. I open the first box and there's a fluffy rug, 4 pillows and a huge warm blanket. I roll out the rug and make my bed. "Time for box #2" I mumble to myself. This box contained a few bedroom basics like; a clock, small been bag chair, and coat hangers for my clothes. I put coat hangers in my closet, the been bag chair in the corner and the clock on my bedside table. I plug the clock in then use my phone to set the time. I lye down on my bed content with my effort. I roll my head and look at the clock 8:30 pm.

I snuggle down under the covers and let my mind wander until I drift into a deep sleep...

----------------------------------------

Please comment thoughts on first chapter sorry if it's short tell me what you think. Sorry about the mistakes just comment and I will try and fix them up ASAP.

Main Characters:
Elena Gilbert ~ Nina Dobrev
Derek Hale ~ Tyler Hoechlin
Stiles Stilinski ~ Dilan O'Brien
Scott McCall ~ Tyler Posey