Chapter 2

~~~3 days later~~~
Elena's POV:

I wake up to a blaring alarm clock and release a huge sigh of disappointment. School starts tomorrow.

It had been 3 days since I moved from mystic falls and the only time I really left the house was for food. I would see Scott and his girlfriend, I would think, outside his house doing -you know- couple things like kissing, and hugging. When I thought about it I did kinda talk to Scott but only like once a day when I'm watering the rose bushes. I believe our last conversation was about Alisser... no, Alice... no, aha Alison that's right, I was giving him advice since her hole family despised Scott. Poor thing, from what I can tell he absolutely adores her.

Anyway I finished unpacking my boxes so my home had a bit more of a, well, homie feeling to it. Now there were more pictures, furniture and well homie things.

I grab my favourite designer handbag/side bag and place the following things into it; a list of school supplies, addresses for shops ect that Scott have me, my clutch purse, and some other bits and pieces. I walk out the door but just before I lock it i race back inside and brag my house keys off the kitchen table... Phew, I wipe an imaginary sweat away from my brow and head to the bus stop.

I think I have been waiting for five minutes when a cute guy in a blue jeep pulls up in front of me. "Hey umm, you must be Scott's new neighbour"
"umm yea, how'd you know?" I question him.
"Well he said you were very attractive and well, your the most attractive person I've seen so far "
I blush at his cute comment, "you weren't planning on catching the stingy bus were you?" He asks me.
"Well yea,-" I say bluntly, "I'm still waiting on my car to be brought over"
"Ohh No, no no no No!" I look at him strangely
"Is something wrong?"
He looks at me seriously, "any friend of Scott is a friend of mine," he smiles slightly "therefore as your new best friend it is my job to give you a lift" he smirks while opening the door. I smile as he gestures for me time in. I oblige to his gesture and climb into his jeep, as I do the bus pulls up and beeps at him. He smiles slightly turns around and gives the bus 'the finger' before pulling out and driving down the road.

"So umm I didn't catch your name" I say breaking the silence.
"Well best friend my name is Stiles" he says proudly, "and yours be?"
"Elena" I say matching his cute grin.
"So where you off to?" He says thankfully keeping his eyes on the road.
"Umm just a shopping centre, or anywhere i can get these supplies" I say handing him the list. He scans the list then looks at me
"If I didn't know any better I would think you were going to school" I watch as a smile touches his lips.
"Umm yea, I actually have to just finish senior year"
"Nice, what school" he questions
"Beacon Hills high" I state.
"Awwwwwwh NICE!-" he exclaims, "maybe we have some classes together"

The jeep pulls to a stop and I open the door to get out when Stiles taps me on the shoulder. "Yea?"
"Forgetting something?" I look at him questionably.
He smirks at my confusion and hands me his phone,
"we didn't even exchange numbers" he looks at me slightly pouting.
I pull out my phone, and we swap. We put each others numbers into our phones and he winks at me as he drives off.

My feelings for this stranger were no doubt confused but I know that I'm definitely not going to turn down a best friend. I walked into the shops and started on a long day of shopping.

Stiles POV:
I'm about to get in my Jeep when I get a message from Scott:
Hey stiles, sorry can't hang... Spending time with Alison maybe another time mate. And btw could you give my neighbour a lift she's at the bus stop, she's super nice I think you'd like her.

I can't believe he blew me off again for Alison, I mentally scowled Scott as I climb into my baby (Jeep). I put the keys in and turn them when I hear puff, tuff, churn and watch a cloud of smoke arise from the hood "SHIT!" I yell. I hop out open the hood and am immediately surrounded by smoke, I cough and sputter waving my arms frantically trying clear the air. Once I can see the engine I pull out my trusty duck tape and tape some things together where they look like they have broken. I pull the hood down and jump back in, I turn the keys once more, I feel the car struggle but thank the gods when the engine starts and rumbles around.

I give the car time to warm up then set the gear into reverse and move out my drive way and down to the bus stop. I slow down when I see a girl sitting at the bus stop.
"Hey umm, you must be Scott's new neighbour" I stutter hoping she doesn't notice.
"Umm yea how'd you know?" She looks at me questionably
"Well he said you were very attractive and well, your the most attractive person I've seen so far" I try and play it cool. She blushes at the compliment and I sigh in relief.
"You weren't planning on catching the stingy bus where you?" I study her beautiful face how her delicate brown her neatly frames her small yet stunning body.
"Well yea, I'm still waiting for my car to be brought over" I instantly mentally slap myself for being so rude.
"Ohh no, no no no No!" I playfully state.
"Is something wrong?" She asks, I smirk at her confusion.
"Any friend of Scott is a friend of mine, therefore as you best friend it is my job to give you a lift" I smile at her as I open the door and make a hand gesture for her to hop in. As she climbs in the bus behind me ever so rudely honks at me, so as a natural reflex, forgetting about her being in the car with me, stick the middle finger up and drive away. I hear her giggle but play it cool.
After five minutes of small talk, I stop at her destination. Elena is about to hop out and I don't know why but I tap her on the shoulder.
"Yea?" He replies.
"Forgetting something" I quickly cover up my dumb actions. My lips curve upward as she appears confused, I hand her my phone "we didn't get a chance to exchange numbers" I pout. She hands me her phone and we exchange numbers then before I drive off, for some strange reason I wink.

As soon as I had driven out of site I parked the car and slammed my head against the steering wheel repetitively, whilst chanting "stupid, stupid, stupid!"
"You really aren't the flirty type,huh?" teases a deep voice from beside me. I jump causing this figure to laugh. "Derek it's called warning!" He looks at me as a smile curves onto his face.
"Stop smiling or I swear to god I'll-"
"You'll what?" He cuts me off. "Stiles threat me all you want but you couldn't hurt a fly," he pauses to smirk, "even if you wanted to"
"Could t0o," I argue. "Stop being such a sour-" I'm cut off as Derek grabs my shirt and pulls down causing my head to slam into the steering wheel. "What the hell was that for?"
"You know very well what that was for, now where is Scott?"
"At his house with his girlfriend he blew me off again, why?" I question.
"Because there's a vampire In the town" he says as if it physically pains him to speak to me.

A/N
I plan on publishing one chapter a week... I hope