Chapter 8

Eleanor's POV:

"Eleanor, dinners ready" I snap out of my day dream to Derek's voice calling from the locked door. "Be down in a soon" I reply, turning off the water and shivering at the cold air. I grab a towel, dry off and slip into my warm pyjamas. I open the door letting the steam escape and walking out into the hallway. Trot down stairs my feet getting cold on the cool metal.

I walk into the kitchen to be greeted with the lovely smell of hot chips and fresh bread. "I had Isaac get dinner while you had a shower" he says gesturing towards the half eaten pile of chips and half a loaf of bread. I smile and grab and handful of chips placing it messily onto the bread. I glance up at Derek, "tomato sauce?" I ask and Derek whips around to the cub board behind him. He opens it then hands me the tomato sauce. I smile as I swirl tomato sauce on the chips.

I join the pack in the lounge room and lean against the wall watching the movie pirates of the Caribbean "It's the packs favourite movie" Derek whispers leaning against the wall next to me. I nod not taking my eyes of the tv for fear of drooling at his perfectly sculptured figure. "Are you mad at me?" he asks, I can't help but turn to see if he was serious. He was. "Why would I be mad" I ask raising an eyebrow at him. "Well you haven't looked me in the eyes since your shower, and I couldn't help but get the feeling you were ignoring me" he says, sadness hiding in his voice and eyes. I sigh sadly "I'm not mad, just curious."

"About?" he asks. I sigh and divert my eyes to the floor "About why it feels so good when we hold hands" I say, embarrassment written all over my face. "I have a few ideas but they're very drastic" I wanted to know more but could tell he didn't want to say so I didn't press the question further.

I turn my gaze to the tv but a few minutes later I look down at my hand in shock as Derek lightly grips my hand making me melt inside.

****

After the movie ends Derek lets go of my hand and walks off around the corner making me pout a little. A few minutes later he comes out with 3 boxes stacked on top of each other, the bottom one had a Christmas tree on it and the top two were blank. He sets them down and slides out the bottom one and says "who wants to put up the tree?" the pack smiles and grins as they walk over helping unpack and set up the tree. I smile and walk over helping when needed. He opens the other two boxes to reveal decorations. I smile and pull out some lights. I twirl them around the tree then plug them in, allowing the pack to place the dangling decorations.

When done Derek pulls the star out from the bottom of the box "like tradition, the newest edition to the family puts the star on top" he says winking at me. I smile as he places the star in my hands. I turn to the tree and look up realising there is no way I could reach that height but before I could say anything I'm being lifted by my waist by two strong warm hands. I smile to myself knowing its Derek and place the star on the tree. I places me back down and rests his arm around my neck and on my shoulder pulling me closer to him making me grin.

I glance at the wall clock and yawn 11:00pm. "Tired?" he asks looking down at me. I shake my head not wanting to sleep yet and he just smiles. "How about a drive?" Scott shakes his head walking upstairs, but apart from that everyone else agrees. I sit in the passenger seat again and Derek drives.

I lean my head against the window and sigh as the snow falls gently outside the car. I look at my thigh where Derek had charmingly placed his warm hand, well it wasn't like i didn't want it there because believe me! I did. I look back at Stiles and Isaac who are to busy staring out the window like little kids to notice Derek.

We stop at a humble little ice-cream store. Derek peeks through the window then grins walking over to the door.
"Derek i think they're closed"
He breaks the handle and walks in,
"He was checking cameras or alarms" Stiles says walking past me into the shop. I smile sheepishly and walk in to be greeted with a Derek swinging his hips as he scoops Isaac's desired flavours into a huge cone.

I giggle at his stupid dancing and walk over helping myself to one of the large tubs and scooping in chocolate, vanilla, choc. Swirl and for the toppings I got cookie dough, brownie, gummy bears and caramel sauce. I get halfway through the huge tub, "aye Derek," he looks up from his phone, "mind helping me finish?" I say with a grin. He walks over and sits beside me and smiles as I hand him my spoon. I starts shoveling the ice cream into his mouth when I notice some on his nose causing me laugh uncontrollably. He looks at me strangely and I giggle as I wipe the ice cream of the top of his nose and wipe it on my jeans.

He smiles stupidly until I hear the sound of police sirens. I assume Derek and Isaac do to because they are barking orders at Stiles to get back into the car. We drive off until out of sight and then I look back and see the faint blue and red lights of cop's cars in the place we once were. I sit back in the leather seat and let out I sigh.

When we get back I burst through the door followed by everyone else and run upstairs into my bathroom and throw up in the toilet. I hear heavy footsteps press onto the carpet then boots on the tiled bathroom floor. I feel a warm hand brush past my ears and pull my hair lightly behind my face, and another rubbing my back. I go to say thank you to Derek but end up hurling again.

After five minutes of emptying my stomach in front of a complete hotty I blush bright red whipping my mouth with my shirt. I look up at Derek, sill feeling heated in the face, and look away in embarrassment. I lets out a rough laugh then helps me up. I walk out of the bathroom and over to the walk in closet pulling out my favourite shirt, it's the first shirt Derek gave me. I laugh at myself and pull out some soft shorts. I was too tired to care that Derek was in the room and pull off my shirt causing him to choke. I laugh and put his shirt on then pull off my jeans and slide on the soft pants. I sigh and climb onto the bed looking up, clutching my stomach in pain. I feel the bed next to me dip down and smile as Derek places his hand on my hand and I look down and see a stream of black veins going up my and his arm.

I sigh as the pain fades and Derek lets go of my hand. Roll over so I'm face to face with a handsome Derek. I squirm closer and wrap my arms around his back whilst my head snuggles into his neck causing him to release a small chuckle that rumbled through his throat. I wrapped his arms around my back bringing me impossibly close. I close my eyes and falls asleep thinking of a certain sour-wolf.