Chapter 20

DEREKS POV:

I stretch out my limbs before realizing there is no Eleanor in the bed. The pack was still sleeping, so I pulled the covers off and jumped up from the bed. I followed her faint heart beat until i could see her standing in front of a vending machine. Anger coursed through me and i could feel my eyes glowing but they didn't feel blue they felt like a hot raging red. 

She turned towards me worry all over her face. I push her softly, but still a little rough, against the vending machine by her shoulders. "What are you doing?" I say in a harsh tone. 

She looks down and my heart melts, "I was hungry but i didn't want to wake you." she says sadly and I feel guilty for pushing her in her state. 

"Sorry, I get worried, especially when you just disappear" I say lifting her chin with one finger so our eyes meet, "I want to make sure you get better" I say softly. Tears well in her eyes and my knees go weak. 

"D-Deaton didn't tell you?" she says grimly placing her hand on my cheek. 

"Tell me what?" I say placing my hand over her own. 

"I-I only have a few d-da-arrrrrh!" she screams and falls against me. 

"W-Whats wrong Eleanor, tell me where it hurts!" I yell. She places her hand on my face once again and whispers, "I-I love you" Before she closes her eyes. 

"No Eleanor! Open your eyes!" Her heart beat is still there but it is even more faint then before... almost gone. 

I place her on the bed in a different room and Deaton hooks her up and turns to me. 

"Derek, she was suppose to have a week"

"Until what?" i cut in. 

"Until a splinter reaches her heart and she dies. but by the looks of things she only has 24 hours"

Tears flow down my face and I go over every possible solution but the only one that has a chance at working is the most outrageous idea and probably wont even work.   

Turn Her.