Chapter 2:New Friends and the Sorting

"Granger, Hermione!" Shouted Proffesor McGonagall.

"You'd be a brilliant Ravenclaw, smart, witty; but a valuable Slytherin. Cunningness lies in your veins. No? Then you must be...

"GRYFFINDOR!" Shouted the hat. Hermione smirked and walked over to Sirius who groaned and handed over five galleons.

"Lupin, Ronald!" Remus snorted slightly- and so did Hermione- the name did sound odd. Just as it touched Ron's head, it shouted, "GRYFFINDOR!"

Same went for Harry.Lily came over to congratulate the trio, only to be greeted by two Potters.

"OK, Potters. You have some serious explaining to do-no pun intended," she added hastily to Sirius's sniggering. "Common Room, now!" They all went up. Hermione would be sleeping in Lily's dorm, Harry and Ron would be with the boys. They thought they would want a little more privacy, so they went up to the boys dorms.

"From the top, now start." demanded Lily.

"Well, we were meant to go to Tom Riddle's Era to change Tom's future. The enchantment on the time turner didn't work and we came to this era instead of Riddle's." explained Hermione.

"One more question. Do I get to marry my Lilyflower?"asked James. Lily slapped him and he had a mock look of hurt on his face.

"Sorry to break it to you, Lily, but you get married, have Harry, then get murdered by Voldemort and Sirius gets framed by Pettigrew for murder, and selling you to the Dark Lord, and put in Azkaban. So I think you should watch what happens, possibly break your friendship with Peter." Peter was still absent from the room. After a hurried whispered argument, they decided that Pettigrew was out of the picture. Now, after being told all this Lily looked at James, sizing him up. Then she did something that she thought would never happen. She went to James and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned to face her.

"Yes." she whispered, and kissed him full on the lips. James was shocked but the kiss was returned none the less. After four or five seconds, they pulled apart for air grinning like madmen.

"Anyone else want to have a kissing spree or are we done?" said Remus. Everyone burst out laughing.

"Oh, yeah, we know old Remus's 'furry little problem'" said Harry. "Anyone mind if Lily knows?"

"Nope." said Remus.

"Your a werewolf, and the rest are animagi." this was greeted by a ringing silence as everyone thought the same thing-would Lily still love James?

"Whoa! Can I be an Animagus too? That is so bloody cool!" shouted Lily. A wave of relief swept over the room.

In the end, they decided all of them were going to be Animagi.

Sirius: Dog

James: Stag

Lily: Mouse

Hermione: Owl

Harry: Fox

Ron: Jack Russell Terrier