Chapter 8: Pettigrew is Shown

Hermione listened to Lily's rants aout Petunia. Well, she wasn't complaining, best know about the girl before meeting her. 

"...she hates magic, thinks we're freaks, and yeah, she feels she's 'normal'," finished Lily, panting because of her top speed blabbering. Marlene had become good friends with them, but had gone to the hopital wing because of a potions accident. Hermione felt she would not be leaving anytime soon, so she and Lily had arranged Hermione into Lily's house for the holidays. Harry and James had decided that Harry would be going with him and Sirius. Ron and Remus were going home together. Remus had finally admitted he liked Marlene, and they had started dating. Harry and Ron were comfortably settled with Narcissa and Bellatrix. But the problem was Sirius. He was no longer a player, but he wasn't in a relationship either. James said he would find the right girl, but it may take time. But that didn't put a damper on them. It was the holidays! 

Soon the girls were packed and as they exited the castle with the Marauders, they chatted about the year so far. They parted at Hogsmeade station, saying goodbyes. They boarded the train and Lily and Hermione started talking. 

"I hear a new girls coming when we get back. Her names Rosaile Caradeen, I think. One guy said they knew her, and she was really pretty. I don't know," said Lily. An idea hit Hermione. 

"What if we could set Sirius up with her!"she said. Lily looked at her as if she was a genius. 

"OMFG! I think thats an awesome idea. The compartment door opened, and a watery eyed boy stepped in. 

"Stupefy!" he shouted at Lily. She already had her wand out, and deflected the spell. 

"Pettigrew! You traitor! You think Stupefying your precious Prongs's girlfriend would make them like you?!" she screamed back, looking slightly hysterical. "Levicorpus!" she sent a spell at Pettigrew, who was caught and hung by the leg. Hermione remembered a spell Severus had taught her when they met. 

"I hope I regret this, Pettigrew. Sectumsempra!" a deep cut appeared on Pettigrew's face. "You will speak of this to no one," Hermione hissed. "And if you do, I won't hesitated to do this again." Pettigrew ran from the compartment. 

After a while, the Marauders walked in. 

"Thank the Lord. Did you see Pettigrew" asked Lily. 

"Yeah. He had a massive cut across his face," replied Remus. The truth dawned on him. "Which one of you did it?" he asked. Hermione turned red. To her suprise, she was patted of the back by them and they turned to her grinning. 

"At least this friend is one that won't betray us!" Said Sirius and they laughed and talked until the train pulled up and King's Cross station.