Chapter 10: I solemnly swear we are up to no good

School had started again, but Hermione felt something was different. Rosaile had dumped Amos Diggory, because she had found him in the room of requirement snogging Bria, and had finally given into Sirius. Actually, Bria was trying to get over the 'Lucius incident' and was snogging pretty much any guy in sight.

Hermione and Lucius were spending more time together, too, as did Harry, Bellatrix, Narcissa and Ron. Sirius and Remus were growing distant from the others now; no longer paying attention to their dates, pranks or lessons. Instead, they would disappear, one after the other, without reason. Hermione and Lily sat in their dorm wondering.

"You don't think that..." Lily tailed off, but Hermione got what she meant.

"That Moony and Padfoot are falling for each other?" asked Hermione. "No. They would have told someone. And anyway, they don't disappear off the map, so they aren't in the Room of Requirement. Last time, I saw Pads in the dungeons with Snape, probably dueling over who was the best Potioneer, and Moony in the courtyard," Hermione said, watching Lily take this in.

"Where's the map now?" asked Lily abruptly. Hermione thought.

"Umm...probably with Prongs, or Harry, or both." said Hermione.

"What about Ron?" asked Lily.

"He...I don't actually know!" realized Hermione, and with a grim look of understanding, they ran. They burst into the boys dorm, and found the map on James's bedside table. Lily snatched it up and wrote a note: We took the map for a little investigation. Lily & Mione

"We solemnly swear we are up to no good," murmured Lily. Sirius stood with Snape in Slughorn's dungeon, and Remus appeared to be in a dungeon down the corridor. They ran down, as fast as possible, to the dungeon where Sirius and Snape were. Pressing their ears against the door, the concentrated hard to hear the voices.

"Please, Snape! I know you like Lily, can't you do this for her? Remus is her friend, and I solemnly swear that if you can just help me with this potion, we won't annoy you anymore!" Sirius pleaded.

"Ok. Just because you have asked me so many times," sighed Snape. Lily and Hermione only had a seconds notice to leap away from the door as Snape and Sirius came out, Snape with the familiar indifferent face Hermione knew, and Sirius with a face shining with triumph. As soon as Sirius disappeared, the searched the map for the other two. Remus was still in the dungeon, but Ron was no where to be seen. James and Harry were in the kitchen. No teacher appeared to be coming their way.

They ran down to Remus's dungeon, and looked through the key hole. Remus lay on the floor. Even though it wasn't full moon, he was panting, and his hands were still clawed. His eyes were amber and fangs were visible. Not caring about the danger they would be in, the girls burst through, as Remus tried to attack them, Hermione whipped out a wand and Body-Binded him. As he fell to the floor, rigid, Lily ran to the shelves, and started searching for a potion to help Remus.

"This must be the reason Moony and Padfoot keep disappearing! Remus because of this, and Sirius because of the potion he was begging Snape for!" realized Hermione, face-palming herself for not guessing. Suddenly the door burst open. Lucius Malfoy entered, though not alone.