Chapter 5: Christmas Ball

The fall out between Sirius and Hermione had covered up best as possible, and they were back to normal. Christmas break was coming up, and Lily, James, Sirius and Remus were going home. They decided that Hermione would go with Lily, Sirius had been disowned, so he, James and Harry were going together, and Ron and Remus together. Now, they were in the common room thinking about nicknames for Lily and the trio. Lily was to take Peter's name of Wormtail, Hermione would be Feathers, Harry is Longears and Ron, Fluffy. The bell rang for dinner, and the group made their way out of the portrait hole, down to the Great Hall. Dumbledore stood at his podium, and a hush fell over the hall.

"I wish to announce that there will be a Christmas ball. If a student wishes to come, they must bring a partner. It will be held in here on Christmas Eve into Christmas Day from eight o'clock. Thank you. You may begin." A loud buzz of chatter broke out. James came up immediately to Lily and asked her. She said yes. Ron, though came as a surprise, as did Harry. They nodded and walked over to the Slytherin table.

"Bellatrix, will you go to the Ball with me?" Harry asked. Bellatrix stared at him for a full ten seconds before nodding vigorously and they walked out of the hall together, talking. Ron and Narcissa had the same conversation and they went off.

"Whoa! I think we just broke the rivalry between Gryffindor and Slytherin!" Sirius said, and went to find someone from his collection. He ended up going with a Hufflepuff, Remus went with Marlene McKinnon, but Hermione got a note. It said, "meet me by the Black Lake after dinner. I need to tell you something." No signature or name. But she went, and left Lily a note telling her not to worry. She pulled on some robes and went. When she got to the Black Lake, a warm hand covered her mouth, and a whisper met her ear, "no words, just actions." She could practically feel the person smirk, but she felt soothed. The voice was reassuring and the hand gave her spine tingles. She spun around and saw the person before her.

Lucius Malfoy.

MALFOY'S POV

She looked at me and a gasp escaped her lips. Those soft lips. I didn't know what else to do. For the first time in my life, I was dumbfounded. Her soft brown eyes widened at the sight of me, and we stood in silence before she acted. I found her lips against mine and I returned it. We pulled away, and she opened her mouth. But before she could do anything, I blurted out, "will you go to the ball with me?" she looked at me, like Bellatrix had with that Potter boy, and nodded, wrapping her arms round me, and I squeezed her back.

"Your mine, only mine, and I loved you since you jinxed me." I whispered. We stood like that, before I picked her up, bridal style, and pecked her lips once more.