• TWO •

"Knock Knock"

I looked at the doorframe from the reflection in my mirror as I continued to do my makeup.

"One sec." I sounded as I attempted to apply my mascara without leaving any black marks on my skin. "Alllmost dooooone Ellie...there." I smiled and scrunched to roots of my hair to give myself just a little more volume.

"You all ready to go?"

"As ready as I'll ever be." I admitted.

"Oh it won't be so bad...everyone says college is ten times better than high school, and we actually liked high school."

I shrugged, "for the most part."

"You know HE will be there." She pointed out.

My heart raced. "Thanks for reminding me...that's kinda what I'm dreading." I admitted.

"Mariah he's your mate."

I shot her a look telling her to drop it.

"Look I only told you because you basically could've figured it out anyways." I said before my emotions started getting the better of me, "plus none of that matters now, I turned him down and now...well now he isn't anything to me except another hot guy on campus...he made damn sure about that."

"That's gross." Elise said as she scrunched her nose.

I rolled my eyes.

"To be honest I really hope I don't have to see him much this semester, it'll make getting over him easier as he decides to whore himself out."

"Somebody's jealous." She sang.

Of course I was jealous.

"There are plenty of guys that go to that school, all of whom I'm sure are more than willing to give a girl a shot."

She nodded, "or they could be gay."

I rolled my eyes once more, "besides the point Ellie."

"Well can we talk in the car, I don't want to be late."

"Since when do you care so much about attendance?"

"Eh, I promised Vance that I would be good this semester since he won't be there."

"We probably should go, I'm sure Harper is dying to tell us about her perfect summer with her perfect 'boyfriend'." I said putting the air quotes around the word boyfriend. "Is it even fair how easy things are for her.

Ellie sighed, "no...but like all of us I'm sure H has her own shit going on."

"So what are you gonna do if you do see Patrick?"

I shrugged and got up to grab my bag, "I don't know...ignore him."

"It's your life girl." Elise sounded as we finally headed out "Hey so I was thinking...do you think we should ask Brax if we can tell Harper about you knowing the truth about Weres?"

I looked at her unsure, sure Braxton is her cousin...but the fact that he is the leader still kinda intimidated me.

"Let's leave it alone for now...I'm sure she'll find out eventually...or maybe I can get her to slip up and then I can be like 'what do you mean Weres exist'?"

Elise tried not to laugh as we reached the car and got in.

"Another thing...call me a bitch, but..." I sighed, "the thing is I just don't want her to know about everything with Patrick because we both know in the end she'll try and talk me out of being with him by pointing out all of his flaws and trust me I know he's got them...and while we may not be together I don't think I can handle her bad mouthing him without getting defensive."