• TWENTY TWO •

Patrick

We found ourselves laying in bed together for the second time...only this time there was no sex, and it was strange how comforting and easy it was.

We had been talking for what seemed like hours but Mariah was so curious about Weres that I couldn't help but get just as enthusiastic about the topic.

"...And your facial hair, does it spring up just when you change?"

I shook my head, "like most guys I can grow facial hair 'normally' but when we males shift it does push our facial hair out at a heightened speed so to speak, so it isn't uncommon to find Male Weres with facial hair." I filled her in.

"And what about girls?"

I shrugged, "to be honest I've never really thought about it...then again I'm not a girl so that sounds like an Elise question."

She smiled, "and what's up with the changing?"

I was a little confused. "What do you mean?"

"So like when you're first changing your eyes go all dark and your teeth are sharp, but then you change even more and become a wolf, but your eyes go back to blue."

I nodded my understanding now. "So the way my uncle explained it to me is our wolves are a part of us and we are a part of our wolves therefore when fully shifted we exude certain traits from our human forms for some its hair/fur color but for most it's eye color." I explained. "Now the inbetween phase (dark eyes/long teeth) is us at our most primal, it's strangely enough as animalistic as we can get even as our wolves...and that's because that phase of us is run purely on adrenaline and emotions...that's why when we're angry and turned on we can easily begin to show those more feral traits."

"I think it's kind of hot." She said confidently.

"So I can tell." I smirked as I remember the events of last night.

"So if Mates are like a for sure thing does that mean Werewolves don't get divorced?"

"No...I've honestly never met a mated couple who have gotten a divorce, but Weres who aren't mates and get married do in fact get divorced...my parents for instance, they weren't mates but they liked each other enough to get married and have me...unfortunately for my mother and I, that didn't turn out to be enough for my father and his wandering eye." I said with a sad sort of smile.

"I'm sorry to hear that Blue Eyes."

I shrugged, "they say everything happens for a reason right...turns out he IS a family man though, just not with my Mom and I...found out he's married, has two kids and another on the way...and as pissed as I wanted to be, if not for me then for the shit he put my mom through, I couldn't...because he had found his mate, and I know exactly what that's like now."

She gave me a soft smile.

"So since Braxton's in charge of everything...what would happen if something were to...happen to him?" She asked a little unsure.

"Well typically speaking the Alpha lineage is almost like a monarchy." I said. "So the Ocklan's have Alpha blood, Alpha Victor who was Braxton's grandfather had two sons and one daughter, Benjamin, who was Braxton's father, Richard who is Elise's Father, and Margo... she is Elise and Brax's aunt but no one has seen her since before we were all born anyways...the oldest son of an Alpha ALWAYS gets the title of Alpha when their time comes; therefore Uncle Benjamin was named Alpha when his father stepped down...now as an Alpha there are many jobs they have, one of which is to find their mate because every pack needs and Alpha and a Luna...our old Luna is my Aunt Priscilla and the day that Braxton marks and presents Harper she will be our new Luna."