• THREE •

I had so much trouble keeping up with the rest of the class after that.

But when class ended Jake and I exchanged info and he said he'd get my email later so he could email the notes to me.

I thanked him over and over and together we walked to our next classes, he was going to the classroom right next to mine.

Once he was inside his classroom I waited outside as I remembered Elise saying she and I would have our second class together.

"Hey duchess."

The all too familiar nickname Patrick had given me on our road trip made my heart race.

But this Patrick was different than the one I remembered.

The Patrick I had met was lost and scared, he was sweet and caring...this douche bag was over confident and could care less how his actions affected others.

Which had me thinking about all he'd done since I left,  which in turn had me fighting the urge to roll my eyes as I desperately tried to ignore him.

"Are you trying to ignore me Mariah?" He asked as he placed his hands on either side of my head, securing me against the wall.

BIG MISTAKE

His closeness had caused those small vibrations to begin coursing through me.

And damn him for smelling so fucking fantastic.

I looked up and found his eyes, he seemed to be struggling with himself and I took it as an open opportunity.

"I hadn't realized you'd taken up stalking me this semester blue eyes."

And
Bob aughed humorlessly as he pushed himself back away from the wall. "Mariah you made it clear that you don't want anything to do with me...that you don't need me."

He whispered that last part, it hurt so much more than replaying the words 0 : myself.

"Don't act for one minute like you actually care what I do Patrick." I replied defensively.

"I saw you this morning, already talking to other guy...and don't think I haven't noticed you with other guys around town either."

This time I laughed, he didn't know how wrong he was when it came to Jack."

"Let me make this very clear Duchess...you are MY mate, and I will make sure I will do everything to ruin any chance you may have with some other jackass."

"Yes because you are clearly the only jackass for me." I rounded on him. "Let me make THIS clear blue eyes, your dick has made it more than perfectly clear that we aren't anything and never could be anything, but if you think I'm gonna let you mess anything up with anyone you're wrong... just stay away from me...and FYI, Jack is gay!"

He wasn't expecting that last part.

I turned and entered the class, I wouldn't let him see how much he had shaken me.

Elise waved me down and I glowered angrily at her. "What" she mouthed.

I walked over and took the empty seat she had saved for me. "We were suppose to meet up outside of the classroom."

"Seats were filling up fast." She answered. "Why, what's up."

"Had a fun little meet up with Patrick."

"What did that jackass want?" She asked sassily.

I couldn't help but smirk as I recalled calling him the same name.