• THIRTY FIVE •

In the days that passed I hadn't seen Harper anywhere, but Braxton and Patrick worked side by side trying to figure out a punishment for the girls that had attacked Patrick, while Ryder and Vance sorta ran the pack and elite in their place.

My Patrick didn't want them hurt in anyway, I could tell he was still blaming himself for what one of the girls had gone through.

Elise was by my side throughout this entire ordeal, and kind enough to keep any snide comments about Patrick's past to herself.

"Is it just me or is it a little weird that Patrick's spending so much time with his cousin?" I asked with a sigh one evening.

"Why, jealous?" Vance teased.

I shook my head and Elise spoke up, "it is different, that's for sure...I mean, it's not like Pats the most involved Were when it comes to the pack."

"I get that he was trying to help Braxton's decision for the girls, but they've already been punished...I mean having to leave their families is kind of a huge punishment."

"They were lucky Braxton let the mates stay together." Elise sounded seriously.

"I'm sure it was preventative caution more than a kind gesture." Vance put in knowingly. "But as luck would have it...this week is wrapping up fast so Braxton will be gone until Sunday, you should be getting your mate back soon."

I smirked in an attempt not to smile like an idiot.

__________

"I missed you." I said as I snuggled into Patrick's side.

"You saw me yesterday." He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes, "anyways...how was your first shift since the attack?"

He sigh, "it hurt like hell at first, but I stayed in wolf form for a while before shifting back, now it just seems a little sore, kinda like it was leg day at the gym."

His leg wasn't as bad off any more, he had even been cleared to shift by Dr. Pollock.

"Well I'm glad you're starting to get back to your old self, and the sooner the better." I smiled before giving him a kiss, "I was kinda hoping I could spend a little intimate time with You before I move back into my place." I hinted suggestively.

His handsome smile turned sinister, "well, I'm sure I could never be in so much pain that I couldn't keep myself from tending to your very greedy sexual needs.

Once more I smiled, "but Mr. Westbrook, I am suppose to be your nurse...so it is my job to tend to you." I said, as I carefully got on top of him, resigning myself to undoing the buttons on his shirt.

"You're being a naughty nurse Duchess."

I winked at him, "tell me Mr. Westbrook, where does it hurt and I will kiss it and make it feel all better."

He pointed to his lips and I obliged him all too willingly, but as I kissed him it grew more intense quickly and before I knew clothes was being thrown off and for the first time in a week we were together fully.

I missed the familiar feeling of him, his kisses on my skin, his hands exploring every region of me, the deep grunts and heavy moans...it was bliss.

As he pressed down onto my mark my release was instantly elevated which caused him to finish soon after, as tired as I knew he was...it didn't deter him from going for another round.