Chapter one

Hey guys! Please check out my other books! And let me know if there is anything I can do to make this book better.

3 years ago

"Mom are we there yet?" I asked from the back seat of the car.

"Almost." My dad responded from the front. He turned around and smiled, I could see my mom smiling in the car mirror. Then as if in slow motion the windows on my side of the car shattered. I saw a blur of black fur wiz by, it was a wolf mutation. The car tilted on its side and tumbled down the side of the mountain we were on. Glass flew everywhere, my parents' unmoving bodies jumped when the car moved. The spinning stopped. We were upside down. Cuts and scrapes, left by the glass, covered my arms and legs. My long hair was stained a crimson red. I unbuckled my seat belt and fell down to the roof the car, crushing some glass in the process. My bleeding body moved to my parents. My mom, who was driving, wasn't breathing and deep cuts from the glass were all around her stomach. My father was breathing, but it was shallow and ragged. My mom was dead, I watched her die, my father was at death's door. I got out of the upturned car and went to my father's door which had been torn off. Carefully I dragged him out of the car wreck and placed him on the green grass.

"Dad" I whispered as if scared to disturb him.

"Dad," I said a little louder this time. His brown Hazel eyes opened. They shined with the kindness I loved about him. His lips turned into a sad smile.

"Malia," his voice was barely a whisper so I listened closely.

"You keep living for me and mom okay?" He smiled at me and silent tears rolled down his face. Sobs racked my body.

"Daddy please don't leave me." I hadn't called my father "daddy" since I was 8.

"I love you." He said as his eyes closed and they didn't open again.

"Dad! No, please." I cried into his bloody chest." Please, there are so many things I need to tell you."

I hadn't told my parents of my powers I had hidden it from them. I didn't tell them and now there was no way I could.

"Please!" I looked up at the sky. I cried until I could cry no more.
......

I bolted upwards in my bed. My eyes felt puffy from crying, and sweat dripped down my forehead. Every night I relive the moment of my parents dying. Sometimes I dreaded sleep, there is no relief in waking because my parents are gone forever. The clock read 6:00 am. It was time for classes already.

After my parents' death, I was found by the guard patrol roaming the outskirts of sector 4. They took me to a hospital where my wounds were treated.My parents funeral was the worst day of my life. All of my happiness had been taken in that moment. The hospital had found out about my powers because of the difference in my DNA. I was taken to the School of AHM (advanced human mutation).

This was 3 years ago. I'm now 18, my long hair is now purple, and I've risen to be one of the most powerful people at the school. My name is Malia Smoke.
.....

I had no roommate. Most people were terrified of me. It's not something I minded I liked to be alone nowadays. My reputation would send people screaming the other way. I was the girl not to be messed with unless you had a death wish. I was at the top, but at the top is gets lonely.

I pulled on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, I put on a purple tank top and threw on my favorite black leather jacket. I laced my gray converse and walked out the door.

The long hallways connected the classes together. The school was like a present day Hogwarts.

A/N Harry Potter!!!

My first class was history. Our teacher was a short man with a bald head. He had supersonic hearing so talking in his class wasn't a good idea.

People's powers ranged from the elements to mind control, and wings. The diversity was always there. My powers are a mystery to everyone. I let no one know if I could but that wasn't always an option. there are only a few people who know because I told them myself.

The students were ranked by their skill level. Class D, the newbies, the newly transferred students, those who had little control over their power. Class C, those who had more control over their powers. Class B, the people who have complete control over their power and had an easy time using it. Class A this is only for the people who are extremely advanced at using their powers. What class am I in? Well, I'll tell you, I'm in none. I'm in Class E, otherwise known as the elites. We rank top in the entire school and that includes the teachers.

Class E is said to be just a rumor. As of now everyone assumes I'm in Class A. Majority of students are in Class C and B. The classes were mixed together for lessons and P.E.

I sat in the back of the classroom my feet on the desk. The teacher didn't mind, probably because most teachers I have are scared of me. Maybe scared isn't the right word but they act timidly when I'm in class. But I don't have a problem with it. The bell rang, signaling the end of class. I groaned and stood up. The other students parted and made a pathway for me to walk through. There faces struck with admiration or fear. I smirked and disappeared around the corner.
.....
My next class was PC or power control. Every student is assigned a private tutor. Normal tutoring class size was about 8 or 9. You were put in a tutor group for your skill level and power type. My PC class had 3 students total. The class was run by Aaron the school's headmaster. Now you all must be thinking, what the headmaster your teacher you are so lucky!  No, the dude is a total stick in the mud. He's powerful don't get me wrong but he can be an ass. I pushed open the door to a secret classroom where the lone 3 members of Class E meet for PC.

As usual, the boys, Luke and Aspen, were fighting.

"You want to go flame brain!?!" I heard Luke shout.

"You're on Frosty!" Aspen responded.

" Boys!" I shouted as I stood in the doorway. They were just about to go at it when they saw me and color drained from their faces.

" Hey, M-Malia" Luke begins.

"We weren't fighting just talking that's all," Aspen says. The boys backed up a bit   I chuckled at their strange antics. I had told them to stop fighting otherwise I'd kill them.

Luke and Aspen were my age. Luke had blonde surfer hair, while Aspen had dark brown spiky hair. Both boys stood at 5' 11 which towered over my 5' 7 height. Luke had control over any liquid. That means water, ice, storms, blood and anything related to liquid. Aspen, on the other hand, had control over heat. Which meant fire, lava, electricity, and body heat. Both were very athletic, and perfect 6 packs to go with it. Don't get me wrong the guys were handsome but they are like my brothers.

Believe me when I say water and fire don't mix. All the boys do is fight. Betting that he is stronger than the other. Normally it's me who stops them seeing that I'm the only thing that scares them.

At that moment the Aaron walked in. He had graying hair, he always wore a suit and had a thing against shaving because for as long as I've known him he's always had a mustache.

"Get in formation" He says with his usual deep voice. Us 3 lined up. I stood at the front the boys flanking my left and right side creating a small triangle.

"We're going to be working on the regular combos." He says. It's the same thing we've done all week. We basically use our powers to benefit each other. We train together creating a bond that lets us feel out each other's next move. That's what makes combos easy for us but Aaron won't move on until he's satisfied. If you ask me our combos are kick ass. As soon as he gives the signal we start.

I guess now would be a good time to tell you what my power is.....
.....
Hey people! Cliffhanger! lol, anyway I hope you enjoyed that first chapter. Vote, comment, and follow.