Chapter 11

Malia POV

I don't remember the last time I had a good sleep. Most of the time it's interrupted by nightmares. I woke up mostly everyone was still sleeping. The sun was beginning to peak over the horizon and it turned the sky an orange color. Then I realized something, no one woke me up for my watch. Those boys..... I walked up to the second level the parking structure. Aspen was passed out and Luke was turned away from me. I silently sneak up on him, I tapped his shoulder. Luke jumped and landed on Aspen who was no longer sleeping.

"Dude, what the hell?" Aspen asks still only half awake.

"Not my fault." Luke replies getting of of Aspen. I cant help but smile. Then I remember why I'm here.

"You guys didn't wake me up for my watch." I say and I cross my arms as much I need my sleep I need to make sure that the guys get some sleep too.

"Oh yeah we forgot about that." Aspen says rubbing the back of his neck. I rolled my eyes, I guess it can't be helped. Others had begun to wake up. While they talked Aspen and Luke went back to sleep. I sat on the ledge of the building letting my legs dangle off the side of the edge. I turned around when i felt a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey Lani." I say seeing my best friends with the weirdest hair style ever. Her brown hair was sticking up in multiple places and one stuck straight up. I smiled and Lani looked confused. Drawing energy from around us I used it show Lani her hair. She let out a short scream before rapidly running her hands through her hair in an attempt to fix it. when she was satisfied with it being slightly frizzy she stopped to talk to me.

"A lot of people have been talking," Lani begins carefully.

"Talking about what exactly?" I ask.

"Well, people have been talking about just staying here and not moving on." Lani answers.

"What, why? They know if they stay the rebels will find them and attack right?" I say. Why would you want to stay put and just wait for an attack that you can avoid.

"When the rebels found us the last time they made it pretty clear that they were only looking for the deadly 3. For whatever reason they want your powers more than the rest of us. It might just be because you are so much more powerful than the rest of us, that would be my guess." Lani explains. Oh Lani if only that were the truth of why they want us, I really wish it was. I think. Then remembering that Lani had a talent for reading minds I quickly put a wall around my mind preventing anyone from reading it or controlling it. I hope Lani didn't hear that.

.....

Lani POV

Oh Lani if only that were the truth of why they want us, I really wish it was. I hear Malia think but then she quickly put a wall around her mind preventing me from hearing anymore. I knew it was wrong to try to read into her mind but being the over protective person I can be sometimes I had to figure out what happened. Ever since that rebel was dragged off be the deadly 3 well, they haven't been the same and it worries me. I know they're strong and I hope they can shake off whatever it was but, everyone has their limits. Having limits and not being perfect is just what makes you human. Now that I think about it the deadly 3 are prefect when it comes to battling or just about as prefect as anyone can get. I assume it was from their training with the headmaster but even after his passing they still seemed to be learning. Still something wasn't right and I was determined to find out. I continue our conversation.

"The others have somehow gotten it into their heads that if they separate from the deadly 3 the rebels will leave them alone." I say Malia's eyes widen a bit. Before she can say something stupid I add.

"But I know all of the class E members will stick by your side no matter what." I quickly say. Malia nods.

"I understand, thanks for letting me know." Malia says to me. I start to head down to first level where i had slept.

"Lani, I understand if you agree with the others about me. I wouldn't blame you because it's true the rebel are after us. I guess it can't be helped. Lani if you want to stay here and be safe I won't be mad." Malia calls out to me. I turn to respond but she already gone and she's given me another thing to think about. If I stayed here I would be out of danger but Malia is my best friend I can't leave her. That's out of the question. No matter what happens I'll stand by you Malia, no matter what.

.....

Malia's POV

After the conversation I had with Lani I go to the roof of the parking structure. Cracks and weeds covered the ground. I sat down and started to play with the life energy of plants. A while ago I discover that we all had life energy. Me being able to control energy I figured out a way to control other life energy and take it. Meaning I would kill them. If a person had no life energy then they are dead, if its flickering it means they are on the verge of dying. It reminding me of the way of a fire would flicker when it was dying. Stealing life energy was easy all I had to do was find it, reach for it, and pull it out. I used to practice on plants, to be honest I scared of the power to take a person life so easily. I looked down at the weed, I concentrated and I could see the fine gold spark. Life energy, I grabbed it and the plant went from dark green to a wilted brown.

I stored its life energy inside of myself. In case anyone was fatally wounded I could give them some life energy and it would slow down the process of dying and save their life. In light of recent events I've stored up enough energy to save one person. Lets just hope I never have to use it.

Hey people! So I just wanted to thank all of you for reading, voting, commenting. It means a lot. Also I admit this chapter was a bit sucky but I promise that the next chapter will be better.

Thank you for commenting your rebel characters! This is now closed. Later responses will be put in my story a little later. Thanks again and happy reading!