Chapter 3

Lunch ended, and I went to PE next. I changed into a gray t shirt and pulled on a pair of shorts. I tied my purple hair into a messy bun. I stepped into the loud and sweaty gym. Most stood in groups of 3 or 4 talking to each other waiting for class to start. I walked over to the benches and took a seat. A loud whistling noise interrupted my thoughts. Coach Hedge the PE teacher has arrived.

"Listen up." He yelled. Coach hedge was a short man with gray/brown hair. He had super human strength, and stubbornness off the radar.

"We'll be doing some hand to hand combat. Pair up with however you want." He says some people began to look around the gym searching for a partner. Coach Hedge sends a look in my direction.

"Malia, I don't want you pairing up with anyone. I'll give you a partner." He says. I groaned. The teachers all knew of my class E status most were afraid of me but coach hedge wasn't timid to butt heads with me every once in a while.

"Before we continue I think a demonstration is needed." He said smirking a little. Here it is, why am I not surprised. Last year I beat him in a fight and ever since then he's been trying to beat me.

"Malia, get down here."

I move from my spot on the bleachers and head down to the gym floor. I crossed my arms and waited for the name of my opponent(s).

"Jason, Logan, Brett, and Theo. Get over here." He says smiling. The boys got up thinking they stood a chance against me. All of them were the most athletic and excelled in hand to hand combat.

"Hand to hand combat only. No powers you got it?" He asked not really expecting an answer though. He blew his whistle and the 4 boys charged at me.
.....
1 minute and 27 seconds later

The boys laid in a pile... on the floor... knocked out cold.

"I think I over did it." I said.

"You think?" Coach says moving the boys off the court and up against the wall. The other student had started fighting.

The news of the tournament was still on my mind. Which one of us is the strongest? I asked myself. Of course the thought had crossed my mind once or twice but I never thought we'd battle to find out.

I entered my English class and sat down next to my friends, Alexis and Reyna. Both were class B, but they deserved to be in Class A. Unfortunately they had missed the trials to move class. Reyna and Alexis had the same short brown hair and hazel eyes. Alexis can control other people's emotions. Reyna on the other hand has heighten senses. Her hearing, smell, and sight are incredible. She can hear ants walking on the ground. Both were great in hand to hand combat.

Alexis was a total girly girl, Reyna on the other hand was a little more quiet and reserved, but both were intelligent.

"Hi guys." I say sitting down and propping my feet on the desk.

"I heard about the match between you and the boys." Alexis says. I sighed.

"Yeah that's right," I say." At least I have another 2 weeks to prepare." The looks on Reyna and Alexis' faces changed.

"What?" I asked

"The match isn't in 2 weeks you know." Reyna starts." Its at the end of the week."

1 more day is all I have left.

.....

Classes were over and the sun was setting. I sat under the tree in the courtyard. I was just about to leave when I saw a head pop out from around the corner but as soon as it saw me it turned and sprinted the other way. I got up and sprinted after them I turned around the corner but the person that had been watching me had vanished. I thought it was weird and I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched.

I went back to my room to shower and finish the rest of my school homework. Once again my mind went to the fight that was to take place after school in the stadium. I opened the small window and stuck my head out to get some fresh air. Down below I saw 3 figures standing in the courtyard dressed in black. They seemed to be talking, for all I knew it was just some students having a midnight conversation but I had this feeling it was more than that.

I shook it off and crashed on my bed. Right next to my bed I kept a picture of me and my family. I might have been about 7, I was sitting on my dads shoulders smiling like crazy. My dad must have been laughing and my mom stood to the side grinning also.

How I missed them.
.....
Hey guys! Sorry that chapter was short and kind of sucky. Any who thanks for reading! Vote comment and follow.