Chapter 2

Recap
I guess now would be a good time to tell you what my powers are....
......
I have power over energy. I draw energy from my surroundings. Energy can be used for different things, force fields, energy blast and attacks. I also have the ability to copy other people's powers.

A/N thanks MNM_wuz_here for the idea of copying others powers!!! Anyway back to the story.

Copying others powers was easy, mastering and using it was hard. Because I've known Luke and Aspen for so long I've mastered their power as well as my own.

Anyway going back to the combos Mr. Headmaster has us working on.....

.....

Aaron raised his hand and when he dropped it we are supposed to start. He dropped his hand the 3 of us sprinted towards the back wall. In sync, we jumped, kicked off the wall, and swung onto the hanging light fixtures that we were always breaking. We balanced ourselves and waited for the next command. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Luke icing the small space that Aspen was balanced on.

I heard Luke chuckle as Aspen slipped on the ice and fell to the floor. The high ceilings allowed Aspen to twist his body and land on his feet. Luke laughed, looking down at the fire user standing on the floor. The headmaster shook his head, it wasn't like this was anything new. Aspen glared daggers at Luke, as he repeated the motion we just did and melted the icy patch on his landing spot. Now we were all ready we waited for the headmaster command.

"Execute A15," Aaron says. I groaned I hated this one and the boys knew it too, so they chuckled when they heard what we were doing. I nodded to the guys on my sides and jumped down to the floors. We tucked and rolled once we hit the ground.

We all sprang up onto our feet. Springing into our spots, our backs pressed together as we threw punches of fire, water, and energy at invisible enemies. I am supposed to duck right about....now! I crouched and back flipped using my hands to avoid the guys' roundhouse kicks right where my head was supposed to be. The first time we did this my time was off and the guys kicked the back of my head. Just one of the things I hated about this combo. We rolled underneath each other's attacks, one after the other. We worked together like a well-oiled machine. We were beginning to near the end of the combo. I turned around and sprinted towards Aspen. He locked his hands together catching my foot he tossed my sky high. If I didn't touch the ceiling we would have to it over again, luckily my fingertips managed to brush the ceiling. I fell to the ground, I landed in crouching position, my fist connect to the concrete ground sending out a spider web of cracks and a wave of energy. Luke and Aspen jumped to avoid the wave coming towards them, the energy in the air disappeared. But the cracks I made in the concrete ground didn't.

"Malia! How many times do I have to tell you! Stop making cracks in my floor!" Aaron yelled. I shrugged and the guys smirked. Our headmaster sighed.

"That's it for today see you tomorrow." He walked out leaving us behind.

"I'm starving, what's for lunch?" Aspen asks.

"All you think about is your stomach." Luke simply says.

"Let's go you guys," I say laughing.
.....
As usual, we were late to lunch we walked in and silence dawned on the crowd of students. This again, I really hated when they did this. We were top 3 but then again they saw every day it didn't make a difference to me at least. I walked over to a side table and sat down with the only girl I was friends with.

"Hey Lani," I say sitting down. Lani was one of my only girl friends at the school. Most of my friends were guys that Luke and Aspen hung out with. Lani was my age, she had short wavy brown hair, she was lean, and had chocolate brown eyes. She was a powerful telekinetic, class A. She was good with reading others minds and moving things with her mind. Every so often I find myself floating in the air. While she can be serious, most of the time she always joking and fangirling about some guy or boy band I have no clue about. Either way, the girl can drive me crazy.

"Hi Lia," she says popping a chip into her mouth. Lani didn't know about me being in class E but like most of the school, she did know about my tutoring with the headmaster.

"How was Mr. Stick-up-my-ass?" She says recalling the nickname I gave about a year ago.

"Not too great, I kinda cracked the floor, again," I said silently chuckling.

"Did you hear about the tournament." She asks.

"Oh god, what about it," I say dreaded her answer.

A/N I was so tempted to stop here. ;)

"They posted the match ups," Lani responds. The school had a tournament every two months and the next one was in 2 weeks. It was a competition between the PC groups. Class D and C normally get knocked out first, leaving B and A to fight for the title. For the past 3 years, my small group of three have remained undefeated. In the beginning, I thought it was unfair because we only had 3 member others had 8 or 9. Soon I realized the difference in our powers, not to brag but every year we kick ass.

Soon the school started getting creative. In the matches, we were orders to hold back, so then no one would...die. Training against one another was much more fun because we could go all out, but going back to the tournament. We fought some matches blindfolded, which then we just had to listen very carefully. Once they had us use platinum handcuffs to bind our hands, which we ended up breaking(it wasn't our fault they just kind of snapped when we attack it with our powers). Then the winning team gets bragging rights and that's about it. Recently the matches got more interesting, the last tournament they had us fight 2 or 3 groups at once. They put up a good fight but we won, again. This tournament the school might make us wear straight jackets and duct tape to all the matches, wouldn't that be something......

"So what about the matchups?" I asked Lani as she finished her bag of chips.

"Well, the tournament is still the same except for the fact that the deadly 3 aren't participating." She says. The Deadly 3 was a nickname for Luke, Aspen, and I.

"What if we aren't participating then what are we doing?" I asked. I was almost scared of what the school had planned for us. Keyword: almost.

"Well..... You, Luke, and Aspen will be fighting a 3-way battle." Lani answers, my jaw dropped. Lani continued though.

"And whoever wins will be the strongest in the school."

Hey guys!! So what do you think? Anyway thanks for reading! Vote, Comment and follow.