Chapter 10

Malia POV

Did he say not human?

"What do you mean?" I ask. I am throughly confused did Ashton just tell me that I'm not human. I mean I guess I'm an advanced human. But what does he mean.

"You aren't human." He says again.

"We want an explanation." Aspen says.

"You 3 are not considered humans. You may talk, think, and look humans but your not."Ashton begins

"The others that have powers are what we call half bloods. They are half human and half mutation. You 3 are the only full mutations. Which means you have no human in you whatsoever. Which is why your powers are so different from the others. You have a stronger mind set than the others and it's said you only feel half of the emotions that real humans do. You're not human. You're monsters." Ashton finished smirking.

What did he call us? Monsters. Is that what I am? I'm not even human.

Ashton sat still smirking as the 3 of us looked down in shock. He laughed at or reactions. He won't be laughing soon. I took a step towards him but someone grabbed my arm. I looked back to see Luke holding my arm.

"He's not worth it Malia." He says and I nod. I search my combat gear for the old knife that I no longer use. I found it and I twirled it around between my fingers. Than I threw it at Ashton. It landed centimeters away from his face. I think he peed himself.

"I don't break my promises. Your freedom in exchange of some answers. You gave us more than enough." I state I walk back to camp with Luke and Aspen.

I see a few rebels tied up in a circle they must of tried to come back and help Ashton. That was a mistake my friends. We walked right past them. Let's just say I have sensitive hearing so even their faintest whispers I could hear.

"They're monsters ."
"They can't be human"

I'm sure Luke and Aspen heard it too. I wasn't human, but did that make me a monster? I didn't know. Lani comes rushing up to me.

"Malia where in gods name have you been?!?" Lani shouts at me. Jeez she sounds like my mother. Lani kept blabbering on and I couldn't help but wonder would she still be my friend if she knew the truth about me. What about Luke and Aspen would be treated differently because of who we are.

I wish it didn't have to be like this I wish that rebels didn't exist. I wish my parents were alive and I wish that things were normal. But when your in a school filled with freaks, there really isn't any normal.
....
Lyons POV

A/n just in case anyone forgot Lyon is the 10 year old in class E and Declan is the other class e member. Anyway back to the book.

I was walking with Declan to hopefully find our friends. Lani contacted me earlier using telepathic communication. I told her I was alright and Declan was too. It just happened that we were on the opposite end of the forest from where everyone was gathered. Declan and I jogged to try to meet up with them. According to Lani they would be moving out soon.

It was hard to keep up with Declan because he was at least twice my size. But I managed to keep up with him. Soon through the thick green trees I could see a large group of students gathered together. As we came closer I saw Lani, Alexis, and Reyna helping the injured. I shouted to get their attention. They saw me and I waved. They smiled and waved back.
.....
Lani POV

I wrapped the last burn on Lyons arm. I had taken care of Lyon and Declan's burns from the explosion. Where did Malia go? She'll want to know that they made it back. I was about to go and collect some food when I see 3 figures in distance.

I see the deadly 3 walking back. I run up to Malia and started yelling at her.

"Malia where in gods name have you been?!?" I shout but Malia and boys looked like they were deep in thought. As if their minds were somewhere else. What happened? Something about the look on their faces, it wasn't right. What was going on?

"Umm, Lani I think we're gonna go rest for a little could you watch over everyone." Malia asks in a soft voice. That isn't like Malia.

"Yeah, yeah, of course." I respond stuttering a bit. Taken back a bit by the tone of Malia's voice. Malia nods a thank you and leaves with Luke and Aspen. 

"What happened?" Alexis asks me as I walk back to where we were resting. I told her and Reyna about the deadly 3.

"That's isn't like them at all." Reyna says. We ponder in thought.

"We could just ask." Alexis says.

"No, whatever happened with that rebel must of been something that could of shaken them up." I start and shake my head. " I think it's best not to pry into something they don't want to talk about."
.....
Malia POV

I went to pack up my stuff. Most of my gear was already on me. I wore a dark pair of jeans, with black combat boots. I had a purple plain t shirt on with my black leather jacket on. Inside the jacket was pockets made for storing knifes. I had packed everything but a hair brush. My hair was tangle in knots.

I sat down and created a hair brush using the energy partials in the air. I bushed out the knots. I used a puddle on the ground as a mirror.

At least I look a human. I thought to myself. but there wasn't any human that was a part of me was. I was full mutation, full alien, full monster. I wonder how everyone will react if they found out. It might be best if everyone didn't know. It's probably for the best.

My rest didn't last long. Soon everyone was ready to go. I lead the group of student in the front. Aspen walked in the center of the students and Luke took the back end. We stayed in this formation in case the rebels decided to attack again. I yawned. Almost 2 days of not sleeping was finally getting to me.

We walked for at least 3 hours before the sun began to set. There was an empty parking structure. The stone was cracking in some places. It was most likely damaged by the war. There was small ruins of other building. The ruins was still in the forest. Some pillars had vines coiled around them like snakes. The earth users said that the parking structure was stable and was okay to take shelter in. People started to settle in. Most students leaned against what was left of the walls or each other. The other class e members gather in a corner. Lyon was passed out and Alexis and Reyna looked ready to crash too. Lani and Declan looked to me as if asking permission to go to sleep. I nod my head and settle in too. Soon they're asleep and pretty much everyone else.
Luke and Aspen were still awake though. These idiots....

"Why are you still up?" I ask sounding like an old grandmother, scolding her grandchild for staying up too late.

"We can ask you the same thing." Aspen says.

"Someone needs to take the night watch." I say. "You 2 need to get some sleep."

"Yes well so do you." Luke points out. I hate it when they're right.

"I'll take the first watch, Luke will take the second and we'll wake you when's it's your turn okay?" Aspen says. I can see the small bags under his sleep deprived eyes. Luke and I don't look much better. My eyes felt like they weight a ton.

"Okay, but you better wake me up." I say before walking and sitting down to a sleeping Lani. I pull my jacket a little closer to my body as a win rushes through. I lean against the cool concrete and close my eyes. Then before I know it, I'm out.
.....
Well I hope you all enjoyed that chapter. Remember to vote, comment, and follow. Also check out my friends on Wattpad. Thanks and see you in the next chapter.