Chapter 4

I stood in a pair of shorts and a purple sports bra to match my hair. This was normal fight uniform for the tournament. As for the boys they'd probably just be wearing basketball shorts. I stepped out of the shadows and came I face the entire school. Cheering from the stands, or flying in the air almost everyone in the school was here to watch the fight. Most came to cheer on one of the guys. Others came to see if their bets and money were well placed. Also I wouldn't put it pass the teachers to gamble on the who would win either.

As predicted the boys only wearing basketball shorts. The girls in the stands were literally drooling. I had to roll my eyes at this. The opener which is where the competitors  show off their powers was about to start.

Luke was first. He froze the floor making the area where Aspen was standing extra slippery so he would fall and he did. Luke danced on the ice shooting deadly ice spikes out of his hands. He slammed his fist in to the ground and out from the ground rose a water geyser. As soon as he reached the top he froze it and slid down the side of it like a penguin.  He reached the frozen ground and it started snowing. Luke's turn was over and now it was Aspen's.

The first thing Aspen did was let loose a series of flamethrowers to melt the ice and snow. While doing so he stuck his tongue out at Luke. He pushed fire out of feet and soared into the air. He let out another wall of flames heating up the surrounding air. Shooting out sparks that exploded like fireworks. He fell to the ground and landed in a crouched position. He stood up and a phoenix made up of fire was created behind him. The crowd was cheering, some even brought posters. Others wore colored t shirts. There was a sea of people wearing blue for Luke. A decent crowd wearing red for Aspen. And a good amount of people wearing purple for me. I searched the crowd and my eyes landed on Lani who had streaked her hair purple and was jumping up and down with Reyna and Alexis. My friends are crazy. Well I guess it's my turn.
.....
POV change!!!
Lani's POV

I won't lie. Luke and Aspens openers were amazing, but I had this feeling that Malia had something up her sleeve. The entire stadium started to shake. This was Malia alright. The people in the stands were confused at first but soon realized it was coming for the purple haired girl. Malia sprinted towards the wall of the stadium. Running up it, when she reached the top she kicked back off the wall and created a jet with her energy. She kept herself suspended in the air. She let loose a couple of rays of energy. Malia let herself gracefully float to the ground. Using both hands she molded a ball of energy. She threw it up in the air and it burst into fine little practicals that showered over the audience. It was truly beautiful. But everyone that was here, wasn't gathered for a beauty contest, they came to see the fight and quite frankly so did I.

The deadly 3 took to their own sections of the round battle field. The ground was just plain packed dirt and rock. No doubt the teachers had set up some barriers so the attacks didn't hit the students in the crowd. The headmaster stood from his seat at the highest point. He raised a shot gun. When he fired the battle would begin. A loud noise was made when his finger pulled the trigger.
.....
The 3 fighters didn't even wait. They all came in full charge. Aspens hands was on fire, Luke's arms where now deadly sharp ice blades. Malia ran in using the energy around her to boost her speed already gaining the upper hand on the boys. They clashed. It was almost impossible to keep track of their movements. Malia rolled under Luke's and aspens attack. Luke went after Aspen and Aspen went after Malia, while Malia went after Luke. Trying to dodge each and everyone of the others attacks. None of them giving an inch. I had to wonder if they were even human. By now one of them should of faltered. How can one person hold so much power?

The attacks didn't stop. You could tell they were getting tired. Their attacks weren't as powerful as they were in the beginning. Still each held their ground Malia seemed to faring better than the boys but Malia was very good at hiding her true emotions. The battle was intense, the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife at one point the crowd would get really quiet. The deadly 3 had all been pushed back by each other's attacks and now stood where they did when the battle first started. They all cried out and rushed forward. This set off the students and the regular noise continued.

I'm sure it must have been at least 20 minutes. They're still going. I've discovered that these 3 are not even close to human. After they hit the 15 min mark they started to get hit. But each one tanked each other's hits as if was nothing. How they were fighting wasn't humanly possible even for the advanced humans. Luke had frozen the floor. Aspen melted his ground when we walked, Malia on the other hand copied Luke's power. She rushed towards them with ice spikes in her hand.

Sitting in the edge of your seat for 40 minutes hurts your butt. The 3 were all beaten and battered. They all received hits from each other that could have knocked out a teacher but they remained standing.
.....
Malia's POV

I breathed heavily. My body was bruised and was sore in multiple places. Aspen and Luke were doing no better than me. I tried to replenish my energy by drawing it from the air but I had already used up so much I didn't think it was possible. If I wanted to win I needed to end this quickly.
.....
Aspen POV
Ugh I'm in pain. I've used up a lot of power. I don't have much left in the tank. I need to finish this fast.
.....
Luke's POV
This sucks. Malia got in a good punch to my side and I know that will be a nasty bruise tomorrow. All of us were pretty evenly matched. I think we were all thinking the same thing. I need to end this.
.....
Back to Lani's POV

Malia, Luke, and Aspen stopped attacking. Something's up. They all closed their eyes and took a deep breath. The put their arms out in front of them. Putting everything the had left into one attack. Whoever had the most power left should win. So that's how it will be decided. Their balls of power grew larger until they bursted outwards in large beams. The color represent the type of power they had. A bright light came from the center where the beams met. I had to close my eyes and turn away to not be blinded by the light. When the smoke and light cleared a big hole ,more like carter, was created in the middle of the field. Who won? The smoke was cleared away revealing the winner.

A/N You have NO idea how badly I wanted to stop it right here. But because I'm nice I'll continue. ;)

Left standing was....ALL 3?!? They all remained standing before Luke, Aspen, and Malia all crumbled to the ground. A tie?!?!?

So, what Ya think? Sorry if I'm bad at describing stuff. Thanks for reading! Vote, comment and follow. See Ya later