8. You two have not really been on the right tracks

"How was the day?" Dad asks Hunter and me. We are all sitting around the dinner table. Dad made dinner. He wanted to try his new grill, so he made burgers. They taste good, so I guess he was satisfied with it.

"It was great. The coach told me I would start in the next game." Dad looks at me.

"That's great hon. I am so proud of you." Dad says, smiling looking at mom.
"We are so proud of you, both of us." Mom says too. They look so happy both of them. Not just because of me, but of each other. They look at Hunter.

"How was your day, Hunter?" Dad asks I turn to look at her. Today Hunter is wearing one of her black hoodies and holy jeans as always.

"It was fine." She says shrugging.

"No details?" Dad asks. She shakes her head and he nods. It has been a couple of days and still, her left cheek is a little blue. Dad has not said anything about it, so I guess she has not told him. I have not heard him talk on the phone with the school or anyone about it. I think he is waiting for Hunter to be ready or not.

"As you both know it's Friday tomorrow and Rachel and I are going to visit some old friends for the weekend." I nod
"So I hope the two of you can stay put and don't do anything stupid." He looks at me and I roll my eyes.

"We have some rules for you two." Mom says.

"What, are you kidding me?"

"Yeah, well," Dad starts.
"You two have not really been on the right tracks, so we thought there should be some rules."
"What are the rules?" I ask, upset.

"Okay, here we go. No visitors, no fighting and you," he points at me.

"Don't leave her behind anywhere, okay?" I roll my eyes and nod.

"Good, and Hunter." He looks at her now.

"If you need help just ask Skylar if it comes to food or stuff you need. Okay?" She nods. She looks at me and I give her a small smile.

"And call us if there is anything wrong, okay?" Mom says. Hunter and I nod.

Hunter and I help mom and dad with the luggage. We put all of the bags in the station wagon. I look at her. Hunter's forehead is shining; she must be very warm under that sweater.

"If you don't have any shirts you can borrow one of me." She put the last bag in the car, then turns to look at me.

"No, I-I have, I just..."

"Thank you girls." Dad comes interrupting us.

"No problem." I say. Hunter smiles. Mom comes out with her black purse looking through it. She grabs a pair of keys and gives them to dad.

"Ready to go?" He asks her. She nods.

"You two girls behave okay?" Mom says. Both of us nod.

"Of course we will." I tell them. They both walk to each door of the car.

"See you on Sunday, bye."

"Bye." Hunter and I say at the same time. He starts the car and drives as we wave.