39. Breath, goddammit!

*Sexual content*

Hunter and I are home alone; mom and dad left for work early this morning, and won't be back until three. I can't believe it is less than a week until school start, but with the help of Hunter's sleeping rhythm, I guess waking up will be a lot easier this year. Hunter is lying with her head in my lap watching TV, while I am playing with her beautiful hair. It has been over a month since I confessed my love for her, and it has been a roller coaster ever since. But I would not trade it for anything, and I love her as much as I always have had. She turns to look at me with a smile.

"You okay?" She asks. I grin and put some of her hair behind her ear.

"Yes, more than okay." I answer honestly, because I feel so happy that I can finally sit on the couch, in a bright day with her laying on me.

"So what do you want to do today?" I ask her. We have at least five hours before my parents will come and I want to do something special with her, but I want her do decide. She looks at me thoughtful, and then she stands up in front of me. I look at her confused.

"I want to take a shower." She says.

I sigh. "We have some hours before mom and dad comes home, and you want to waste a half an hour on a shower?" I ask upset. She shakes her head.

"No, the shower is going to take longer than a half an hour." She says. I roll my eyes and look at the floor disappointed.

"Don't be so grumpy." She says and take my hands to drag me up. I stand in front of her and bite my inner cheeks. She put her hands on my waist and look into my sad brown eyes.

"Can't you wait after mom and dad comes home?" I beg, but she shakes her head with a smile. I sigh again, and my gaze falls down to the floor. Why does she have to be so difficult sometimes?

"Skylar, look at me." And I do, because my eyes simply always have to. She looks at me, her eyes full of something I have never seen before. It's a cross between nervousness and desire, and it makes confused. Why would she be nervous?

"Are you okay?" I ask worried. She simply nods and take a hold on my shirt. She looks down at her own hands.

"I want to take a shower, but..."She stops, and I wait for her, searching for her. Hunter's hands are starting to shake, and it worries me more than anything.

"But... I want to take a shower with you." She says looking at me again, with unsure eyes. My body is frozen, I can't move or breathe and my eyes are stuck on her. Now she is the one looking worried. She is looking for me, like I have just disappeared, and it feels like I have. I am standing here, in this room in front of her, trying to breathe, move and speak, but I just can't. It is like she took all of those easy things away. She cups my face.

"Breath, goddammit!" She says. I take a deep, deep breath. Then she wrap her arms around me, and so do I, slowly. I am still in shock and I am not sure how long it is going to last.

"Don't scare me like that." She says, upset.

"I-I'm sorry." I manage to say. Finally finding some words.

"If this is how you are going to react when I ask to take a shower with you, then I am more afraid of what will happen when we go into the shower." She says joking, but there is still worry in her voice.

"I'm sorry, you just took me by surprise." I tell her, coming back to my senses.

"Do the offer still count?" I ask, she moves back to look at me, and she nods. I lean into her and kiss her, taste her. I can't believe she asked me, it feels like my heart is tickling. She starts walking backwards towards the stairs, I follow her, our lips still on each other's. But then she breaks apart as we reach the first step. Hunter takes my hand and we walk up the stairs.