10. Hunter?

The feeling of something moving underneath me makes me wake up. I yawn and open my eyes, I cringe when I find myself lying on top of Hunter. My face down on her stomach, her arms wrapped around on my back.

We must have fallen asleep on the sofa. I can feel her stomach move up and down, slowly under me. I gaze up at her, her eyes locked and mouth closed. I know I should move, but if I do, I would wake her, and I am not sure how much sleep she has gotten.

It is still dark outside. Maybe she knows I fell asleep on her, and she didn't want to wake me. It's not just that I do not want to wake her. The feeling of laying upon her and in her arms is good. I like her warmth and softness. Her arms around me make me feel safe. I close my eyes with a smile. Hunter's gentle breathing makes me drift back to sleep again.

I open up my eyes, finding myself still on Hunter's stomach. My hands holding onto her sweater. I blink my eyes and rub them. Keeping them up is hard so I close them again and bury my face in Hunter's hoodie. To be so small and skinny she is very soft.

After a while, I notice that Hunter's arms are not around me anymore. I open my eyes and look up to her. She is awake, watching me with the most terrifying look in her eyes. Hunter looks shocked and uncomfortable.

She is completely frozen. Her blue eyes staring at me, nothing is moving. It's starting to worry me, how long has she been awake and looked at me like that. I sit up on the couch. Still, she has the same expression on her face. I can feel my heart beating, faster and harder. Should I call dad or? Is this normal for her? This is scary.

"Hunter?" She only blinks her eyes.

"Hunter, are you okay?" She nods finally, and I breathe out in relieved. Still, she looks like she wants to jump out of her own skin. Then she moves up and sits on the edge of the couch. She looks out the window thoughtfully. I guess contact makes her uncomfortable. She doesn't like to be touched apparently.

"Um, I just gonna go up and change." She says and walks up the stairs. I hope I did not scare her away, just when we were getting on the right tracks. I really liked laying on her, which is probably weird. But she was so nice and comfortable, even though it might not have been that for her. This is just weird to think about in that way.

I get out of the couch ready to go and take a shower. Maybe she doesn't like me. I have treated her like shit, since the day she came in the door. I can understand if she hates me.

In some way I have started to like her, I know I judged her too early and I should have given her a chance. Oh, god why do I have to be such a piece of shit sometimes?

I have to admit I have never met someone like her. Someone so quiet and calm, and so kind. She took the blame for me the day I came home drunk. Not to mention that she dragged my ass out of there and into the bathroom.

Then she helped me to go to bed. Why did she? She has no reason to do it. Hunter is so fascinating because she is so hard to get through. There is so much more to her than she shows, and I want to see all of that. I just have to get through to her in some way.