Kaitlyn

*Hello readers, this is Katelyn's beginnings and this is her above. I hope you enjoy, and feel free to comment*

I was always structured as a kid, I still am to this day. Logic was my only friend. Whiles the other girls laughed and played, I sat by the steps of my poor, little cottage, and read.

My mother thought I would grow out of it when I got older, but it only got worst. The girls would swoon over the boys in our village. I only ranted about the characters in my stories.

One winter, it got too cold for the blankets warmth and the small fires heat. My mother took my books and burned them all. I pleaded with her not to, on the verge of tears, explaining to her that the books were the only things I lived for.

"Your so dramatic," She scolded, tossing the books in. "Maybe, by getting rid if these books, you'll learn to be a real girl." I was ten when she burned my entire world to ashes.

She flick her golden hair in my direction and sashayed into the kitchen. I don't remember what I did next.

I just remember the sound of crying and screaming. I don't know who it was, it was probably my younger sister. I probably ended up pushing her over to get to our room. That entire week was blurry.

The next week my father came home. He was furious about the books being burned. He was an avid scholar and payed a lot of money for the books.

My mother apologized to me...obviously not remorseful...and that day they took me out and bought me a red silk hood. And from then I got the nickname Red and I finally started getting knowticed.

In school, I became the no snitch tutor that every one wanted to see. I got invited to more events, the guys started flirting with me.

Than, I turned 13. My parents arranged me to be married to the leader of our village's son, Haric. Haric was a boastful boy that wasn't very smart. He was also very possessive with me.

Every time a boy walked near me, he would grab my arm and pull me closer to him. It hurt being flung around by him, but it stopped hurting as much after a week or two.

I learned to not interact with people at a young age, so I was use to it. He was very gentle with me around our families though. It almost led me to think he actually loved me.

I knew better though. No one could love me. Not like my father. It was just an act, a show so my family could eat.

This went on for about a year or two, than two weeks before my wedding struck....

*I'll add more to her story later.*