Run Away Bride

°Red Riding Hood°

No ones pov

Katelyn watched as her mother fused over her wedding plans. She didn't care one way or another how her wedding was going to be. She never had a choice in the matter in the first place. While Jennalin, her mother in law, argued with her mother on the flowers, she slipped away.

Katelyn pulled out a soft roll of white paper and lit it in the soft light of a candle. Gently, she breathed in the toxins of the tobacco inside. She picked up this habit after she found out about her arranged marriage.

She flicked the ash off the tip and watched as the paper burned. Taking a long drag, she put the cigarette out on her wrist, savoring the sweet pain. She flicked the filter to the ground and walked around the edge of the village.

Katelyn watched the snow fall all around her, caressing her blood red hood. She was comforted by the cold as she brushed her long golden hair behind her shoulders, slightly exposing one to the icy air. Chills danced on her spine.

"You little whore!" Katelyn heard her husband's yells into the street. She covered her face and shoulders, attempting to avoid eye contact as she ran.

Katelyn wasn't fast enough, though. Her face was soon covered in snow. It stung her skin and soaked her cloths. She shivered and shook, curling herself up into a ball and tightened her muscles to lessen the pounding of his fists.

She could here his hateful words over her soft sobs. He called her a slut and a waste of space and air. She stopped listening after a while.

Katelyn knew no one would help. Men could do anything to their wives without punishment. It was unspoken law. Women were just possessions in the village.

Haric soon grew tired and left Katelyn's bloody corpse in the snow bank with a final kick. She whimpered for a bit, letting the snow numb her pain. Then, slowly, she rose, cleaning herself with the pure white snow.

Katelyn then knoticed most of the village watched what Haric just did to her. She composed herself and limped home to properly care for her wounds. Haric has never been that bad abusively to her, but today was just a glimpse of what her marriage will be like.

She had to get out of this town. It was tonight or never. She pulled out a large elk skin bag and quickly placed all of her cloths in it. She also placed a bow arpund her torso and threw the sack over her shoulder with a quiver full of arrows.

She waited until night fall to sneak from her house. The full moon guided her way down an old hunting path. The chill of the night numbed her soft pink cheeks. Tears burned her wind blown eyes and raced down her face.

The owls hoots sent a fearful chill down her spine. Than a wolf howl made her stop in her tracks. The wolf was close, too close. She ran as fast as her fragile legs could carry her.

Growls and the beating paws of wolves chased after her. She wanted to scream and go back to the safety of her village, but she was too far and too tired. Her head began to feel light and her leg muscles twitched and ached. Than the darkness consumed her.

The last thing she felt was her face hitting the cold snow, and the sharp claws of what she thought was a wolf. What she would soon learn, it that those claws belonged to the love of her life.

*Omg, shit got real quickly. Please need ideas so do comment. I hope you enjoying the book. Do vote.*