Continued...

When I woke up, I was lying naked and bloody in the shamans tent. I tried to get up, but it felt as red hot needles pierced my skin.

"Don't get up. Trust me." I heard a soft boyish chuckle behind me. I recognized his voice. "I remember my first change. It hurt like...well, I guess you know." He said, His voice fading into thought.

"Where's dad?" I choked, the feeling bringing me borderline crying. Than I felt a warm cloth over my body. It was a little damp. "He is outside." My brother spoke as he ran the cloth down my sides.

"Do you remember the day I changed?" He spoke softly, circling my shoulders. I gave a crooked smile. I remembered. My father told me to do exactly what my brother was doing now. Its an old tradition between siblings that started before civilization.

Siblings were suppose to clean each other after their first changes. It establishes a bond between them, apparently. I thought it was weird, but I didn't complain. I liked being pampered and taking care of others.

I tried not to cry when he started to clean my hips. I grabbed his wrists and pulled his hands off of me. A low unsettling growl rumbled in my chest. My brother just smirked and continued to clean me.

I grumbled and rested my head on the fur rug underneath me. He finished cleaning me quickly so I wouldn't be in pain long. When I got up I looked at myself in the large shiny mirror. 

I looked different. I also felt different. I was thinner and my hips were wider. I stood a bit taller and largish breasts hung from my chest. I felt more calm, but assertive. "What is this?" I whispered to myself.

"Its called the Change." I heard a scratchy woman's voice behind me. I turned to face our shaman, who is also my grandmother. "Its what happens when a child reaches maturity. For the few, its when we connect to the earth mother and transform in to a beast."

I was amazed by what I could do. When my brother "changed" he didn't tell me any details of it. It made me mad, but I got over it. I just brushed it off and continued whatever I was doing.

"What do I do now? I'm lost." I said staring down at my feet. She chuckled and rested her hands on my bare shoulders. "What do you want to do?" She asked. I smiled and looked up into her kind eyes.

"I want to get dressed." I smiled and said matter of fact. She laughed and lead me to a table spread out with fine cloths. I plucked out a black dress that flowed longer behind me and a necklace with beads on it. What made it interesting was there was a sharp wolfs tooth in the center.

I looked at my grandmothers expression. Her face was emotionless. I searched her face for some hint of emotion. When I found none, I slipped into the dress and tied the necklace around my neck.

I than faced the opening to the old shamans room and sighed. "Why such fine cloths?" I asked, looking down at the dress.

"You've slept two days. In those two days, you and your brothers coronation was planned. The ceremony doubles up as your naming ceremony. You will finally be crowned as the beta's heir and you will chose your wolfs name." She explained calmly.

It was silent for a minute, than my brother stepped in. He was in a pure white open dress shirt and light brown baggy pants. Around his neck hung two bear claws separated by a series of beads. "Its time," he whispered and took my hand.

My breath caught in my throat as I walked into my new world...

*This is longer than the rest because I had more ideas for her.*