Pack

Third Party

Their weight was nothing to me. I could carry bears on my back without breaking a sweat. But everytime I went to pick up Ashrious's body, the Newblood would growl. I could easily take her, but something in me told me to wait.

I watched as the Newblood wobbled to her feet. She was beautiful, but thin. She had long, rusty fur and icy blue eyes. When I realized she wasn't going to attack me, I approached her. She smelt heavily of blood, but not her own. "Where is your pack, Newblood?"

She sneezed than looked around. "I don't know. Ashrious brought my human here." A soft voice echoed into my skull. No wolf can do that unless they're  a pack mate, or an alpha. I looked at the she - wolf in bewilderment and nodded. She must be from my fathers pack.

"Come with me. May I take your mate?" That's when something beastly clicked in her. She snarled, showing sharp canines, and stood much like an alpha. "Do not touch her!" I whimpered and lowered my head. I had no choice in what my wolf did anymore.

The she - wolf picked up Ashrious like she was weightless and gave me an expecting look. I gave her a respectful nod and made my way towards the pack I left. Familiar trees and scents filled my nose and it was like finally sitting after running all your life.
Comfortable.

"Pick up the pace." I heard the she - wolf growl. I did as I was told and looked back to see the she - wolf's tremendous speed. I was thoroughly impressed. Glancing at where I was going, I picked up more speed. I swear I saw the young wolf smirk.

She pushed past me and was a head of me. I could feel her chuckling in my skull. I picked up speed and began to race her. We were almost neck and neck when we burst through camp, but she had me by a nose.

I was so busy laughing that I forgot where we were. Hard paw pushed my flank and I almost lost my balance, but I stood straight and growled at the excited adolescent. She lowered her head and tail, but the smile never left.

I shifted into human form and walked over to the she - wolf, who was already making her way toward the shaman's tent. I guess she did know this place. I fallowed behind her and hugged my grandmother. "I missed you, Bayous."

((Plot twist!!!))