Chapter 45

Monica

I haven't see Justin this upset since the first time we had an argument and it scared me knowing that whatever was wrong bothered him this bad. I pressed my lips to his cheek knowing it used to calm him down.
I look down at his knuckles and gagged a little at the sight.
I honestly didn't think my leaving would result in this I actually expected him to find someone better and move on.

I held him and felt his strong arms wrap around me and he spread his legs as he pulled me close. I placed my head on top of his as he laid his head on my chest listening to my heartbeat. I look at his face and saw how much he had changed in a short amount of time.
He seems so fragile compared to when I left like all the happiness just went away and replaced him with this broken shell of a person.

"Baby girl I'm sorry if I caused you to leave." He mumbled.

"I'm sorry I left and you didn't cause me to leave." I mumble my lips planting a kiss on his forehead.

He then got up bringing me with him and we crawled into the bed. He wrapped his arms around me pulling me close as his fingers ran through my hair. I liked this side of Justin and smiled thinking back to when we were dating and where we've come. I felt the tears after they trailed down my face into his shirt causing him to look at me.
His face full of concern when he felt them.

"What is it baby girl?" He asked.

"You kept you're promise you made when we first started dating." I sniffle.

"Which one?" He says a smile on his face.

"The one when you promised not to leave me and if we were ever apart you'd come find me." I mumble.

"Well I was prince who fell in love with a princess and couldn't let her go." He replied.

"You make me sound like Cinderella." I chuckle.

"Well you are to me." Justin says before kissing me softly before we doze off.