The awakening

You walked the streets in your school uniform, there was barely anyone around. You had to stay back at school as you got a detention, it wasn't that you were a bad kid but you had an obsession with fanfictions and were caught reading them in class one too many times. It's not like you needed to pay attention, you were a prodigy. As the teacher caught you reading, you scowled, they didn't understand the first thing about you. You were immersed on the world of Kuroko no Basuke, you had no desire to live here. If you were given the opportunity to leave, you would jump on it without hesitation. It's not like anyone would care, your mother had died of illness when you were a young age and your father had died in a car crash with you siblings. He left only a house, a large sum of money, hurt and loneliness.

You decided to pull out your phone and continue reading where you left off on the fanfiction. As you were doing this, you were careless. You walked onto the road without a second thought, as a car dashed towards you. You heard only a small screeching sound of car breaking trying to halt to a stop and then everything around you went black.

You awoke to a ray of soft sunshine smiling down onto your face. You slowly lifted yourself as you were half asleep. Your eyes were open so that you could only see through a slit. The sunlight was soft but it would still hurt your eyes after being shrouded in darkness for how ever long you were sleeping.

You fluttered your eyes open after they had adjusted, strange, you don't remember being taken home or walking home yourself but this was definitely your bed. You would notice the baby blue and black cover anywhere. You tried to think back to the events before you awoke but it pained your head to even think about it. Odd, you shrugged it off for now. You got up and went for a shower. Twenty minutes later and you came out with only a towel wrapped around you. You used a spare towel to clear the mirror of fog that came with the steam from your bath. Only for you to stare in disbelieve and let out a high pitched shriek.