Chapter 1 ~ First Impressions

I watched the world rush past my window as I sat in the plane. I thought to myself, was I making the right decision? I knew had to go to Italy, it was the next country on my list of places to go around the world, but did I really need to go to the Volturi? I suppose I'm just curious, I've heard lots of stories about them but I've never met any of them. Would it be wise to go in as me? I've heard they have human 'help' so I suppose I could mask my scent and change my eye colour and skin tone.

I forgot to tell you, I'm a stealer. I can take anyone's gift just by being near them. I took the scent mask from a Vampire I met in Australia, Peter his name was, and the eyes, skin tone and clothes glamour I picked up when I was just walking down the streets of London. No warning, it just appeared. I'm not complaining though! I love having so much power. So I'll definately go as a human, that way the Volturi won't suspect that I'm the most powerful Vampire alive and try to kill me. I'll make my scent extra specially tantilising so they will want to hire me, just to wait until I slip up so they can drink me. Or not as I could easily defeat them. Especially as Aro, the kind of leader, has a mind reading power so if I steal that I can steal every single persons gift he has ever come into contact with! Although he will still have it so he could read mine at the same time and know all of my secrets... I know! I got a thought changer from some human that had the potential to be a Vampire. It lets me change all of my thoughts from the past so I can set up a fake past life for myself and Aro won't suspect a thing!

*Please fasten your seatbelts we are aproaching your destination, thank you for flying with AirWair planes*

The intercom interupted my thoughts. I didn't bother putting my seatbelt on, after all I am indestructable. Instead I leaned closer to the window, eagerly awaiting our landing.

When we had landed I got off with my hand luggage and didn't bother going into the airport because I didn't have any other bags. Instead I went into the nearest toilet, checked no one was watching, changed how I looked and smelt, before teleporting myself to the outskirts of Volterra.

You may be wondering why I even bothered going on a plane if I can just teleport myself, but I just like the feeling of flying, soaring above the clouds and watching the countries fly by.

I looked up at Volterra as I neared the gates and my first impression was wow! It was so big and grand. I noticed the Castle at the top of a hill in all its splendour and took off at a human running pace. I was eager to find out all about Volterra and the Volturi but if I just teleported straight to the castle I would completly blow my cover. Methinks it's time to think of a cover story. How about my parents kicked me out so I'm willing to do any work that comes my way as long as bed and board is included. Perfect. I could be born and raised in England then become pregnant so my parents kicked me out before I got an abortion, I got out all of my life savings to come to Italy as I heard that they were always looking for workers.

Right so that's my background done, now I have to work out how to get through this labyrinth of paths. I finally reached the front gates of the Castle. Travelling as a human is so slow! I wonder how I get in?

Suddenly the big doors creeped open and a male Vampire stood infront of me wearing, what I supposed to be, a guards uniform. Great! He is gifted! I now have even more enhanced smell.

"Can I help you?" he said with a grin, showing off his pefectly aligned pearly white teeth.

"Yes, I'm looking for work you see and-"

"Come right this way" he said cutting me off. He obviously can't resist how good I smell!

He lead me down a series of long and short passageways, snaking this way and that before pausing infront of a pair of great marble doors and pushing me towards them.

"Go straight through there, the Volturi are looking for new workers since they..... disposed of the others" he said with a look as if to say 'You are so for it'

I knew I was interupting something as soon as I walked in, as two Vampires glared my way.

"Ah, dessert has arrived" Said one with long blonde hair and a sinister look on his face. He came over to me Vampire speed and took a big whiff of my delicious scent.

"My name is Caius, what's yours?" Oh no! I forgot to think of a cover name! Think fast Laura come on.

"Hello" I said with smile "It's a pleasure to meet you, my name is Penelope" I extended my hand for him to shake. He hit it away, obviously distressed with my confidence.

"Why are you here?" he asks.

"I'm looking for work" I replied "You see I was kicked out of my-"

"I don't need a sob story you can start work in the kitchens straight away"

"Don't you think we should consult with Aro first?" the other Vampire asks. He was tall with long brownish hair to his shoulders.

"Don't you worry Marus, she'll do just fine" Caius replied with a smirk.

A/N

So this is the start of my Fan-Fiction! I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I'm going to enjoy writing it! xxx