Singer? Or... SingerS?

Anna's

 It's been three days since Civil War Day and A.k asked me to be his girlfriend. He has to be the  sweetest boyfriend in the history of boyfriends... but that's not what gets me it's... just that he's... so... REDNECK and COUNTRY!!!! I love it! I just walked into 5th period and and I go over to my assigned seat for Ag.-Science, A.K never sits in his assigned seat which is right next to me. But today A.k looks at me, gets up out of his seat, walks over to me, and says to me "Anna, why aren't you sitting next to me?"

" Cause this here is my assigned seat." I reply simple like.

"Well, come sit with me!"

"Naw"

"Anna!"

"A.k listin, sweetheart, if ya want to sit a spell with me, then just sit in ya's assigned seat."

"Fine" he huffs. Our teacher, Mrs.Opps, comes in and says to us "Class today we're going to talk about careers in Ag."  I raise my hand "Anna" Mrs Opps says to me, "You may go first"

"One career is a country singer."

"Prove it"

"Right here? Right now?"

"Yes."

"Okay here goes nothing" I say and right before I start A.k gives me a marker and says to me with laughter in his eyes "Here's your microphone you know Rain is a good thing?" I nod my head before he goes on and says "Ok, Ready, 1, 2, 3..."

Rain is a thing

 My daddy spent his life lookin' up at the sky, he'd cuss, kick the dust, saying son it's way to dry, it clouds up in the city----, the weather man complains, but where I come from rain is a good thing.

  After we finish everyone claps and cheers for us and Mrs. Opps admits she was wrong. We smile at each other and then hand in hand we walk to six period.