Fugitive

A.K's

 "Come on Anna" I say "we'll take my truck."

"O.k" she says. I jump down from the tile, landing on my feet hoping to impress her...it doesn't work.I whine inwardly dissapointed that my mate wasn't impressed with me. I hold out my arms to catch her, but she motions my hands away, confused I do it. Then graceful as a horse she leaps down, landing on her tippy-toes. I purr inwardly, pleased that my mate, although big and mature for her age (in more than one way if you know what I mean ;p) is a graceful creature.

She smiles at my shock and smirks while saying "I used to be a ballerina." If possible I look even more shocked reflecting what I feel inwardly, perfectly. She laughs at my experssion and leads the way down the hall.

 I soon catch up to her and she points out things I didn't know was here like, lock attached to lockers, or intials in a wall, and cracks, etc., etc., etc. "You're very observant" I state. "Yeah I know." she answers. Finally we get out into the parking-lot. I lead her around back, to where the forest is.

"Hey A.k? Don'tcha thank the forest is prutty? My favorite part is the trees and the water." she asks me. I nod my head in agreement. I'm practically vibrating with pleasure that she feels so connected to nature.

Finally we reach the clearing where I keep my truck. I show it to her and climb on in. But she just stands there staring at the truck, speechless. Until suddenly she shouts "Oh my gosh! It's the 4-wheel-drive, Ford, F-250, version of the GENERAL LEE!"

"So you like it?"

"Heck no!"

"I...LOVE it!!!!!" If I was in wolf form, right about now i'd be wagging my tail and my ears erect. She hops up into the cab of my truck and says "Fire it up let's get it started!" Then she turns the radio on to 95.1 wflm, the song playing is Cruise, by Florida-Georgia Line and she starts to sing along. After it goes off. She points the way to her farm. When we get there she opens the gate and another one and then another one. Finally when we're in the middle of a great big field she tells me to stop and then she hops out. I follow her to a tree thats half fallen over but the other half is still perfectly erect and sit down beside her. "A.k?'

"Yeah?"

"Tell me somthin' that only your family knows."

"Well..." I hesitate. Should I tell her that i'm a werewolf? Finally I make up my mind and say "My first name is Avril. It stands for the A."

"Cool." she says not laughing or even cracking a smile which leaves me feeling relieved.

"Okay" I say "now tell me yours."

Ok, but don't laugh. Anyway I've got all kinds of scars all over my body from previous injuries most of them probaly has happened because of things that I do becuase i'm the speed=demon of the family and am always trying out new dangerous things."

After we talk some more we go swimming in secert a water hole that nobody in her family even knows about. Later we laid in the bed of my truck and count the stars. When suddenly a giant bear comes out. I jump out of the truck-bed ripping off my shirt and pants and shift, charging at the bear, forgetting that Anna doesn't know that I can shift. I hear her gasp and in the back of my mind wonder if she'll still accept me. But then I hear the bear roar and my focus is on protecting my mate. But then Anna jumps in between us and says "A.k stop! It's just a momma bear looking for her cubs" She goes around a tree and comes back with three little bear cubs in her arms. "Here ya go they were caught underneath of an old beaver dam." she explains. She puts them down gentley one at a time and the momma-bear gets back down onto two legs and with her cubs foollowing she goes back into the woods. She kneels down on her knees looks me straight in the eye and says exactly what i'm thinking "Looks like we've both been keeping secerts."

Song of the chapter: Cruise by: Florida Georgia Line