4 - Warm

ship: VikkZahHutt
prompt source: tumblr user (hairlikehisblush)
word count: 900
TheLibrarianGang IDK I'VE NEVER WRITTEN THIS SHIP BEFORE ???? IS THIS OK ????????

I heard a deep bass pounding from a few dorm rooms over and I sighed loudly. This had to be at least the fourth party they had in the past week and to put it bluntly: I was sick of it. Always after the parties, I would get drunk college boys knocking on my door asking for a place to crash or something. Once I even had a guy asking if I could call his mom because he pissed himself. It was gross and I hated it. But what could I do?

Today, I was trying to study for midterms – like everyone else should be doing. Yet they spent their nights partying.

"Oh my god," I mumbled as I turned up the music playing out of my headphones in attempt to block out the noises. It was to no avail.

The party would not stop. It was almost 2AM and the music was still blasting. Quiet time was three hours ago, how come they weren't getting busted? I sighed in irritation.

It was around this time I heard a knock on the door. Another drunk kid, great. I groaned and walked to my dorm door. I stood on my tip toes and looked out the peep hole only to find a rather attractive boy with a red beanie on his head, knocking. He didn't look drunk. He also didn't look like he was from this school. I hesitantly opened the door.

"Hello?" I called, peaking out.

"Hey..." The boy smiled awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Listen, you'll probably say no, but hear me out! My friend invited me to this party and I said 'ok' so I came here and then she left with this girl and now I'm alone and I have no idea how to get home from here and it's late –" He rambled. I nodded shyly as a gesture to let him know to keep talking.

"Can I crash here tonight? I swear I'm not some murderer," He smiled. I thought about it. Is that something a murderer would say?

"I have 911 on my speed dial," I stated, looking at him from where my head was poked out of my slightly open door.

"Rest assured, you won't need it," He told me.

"What's your name?" I asked, figuring if he was going to sleep here I should at least get his name.

"Brandon," He smiled sweetly. It was a charming smile and I opened the door a bit further, making room for him to walk in.

"Please don't kill me," I mumbled as he entered, slipping off his shoes at the entrance.

"Wouldn't even dream of it," He laughed. His laugh was nice.

"I'm Vik," I whispered shyly.

"Cute," He said nonchalantly. My face felt hot. I pointed to the couch.

"Sleep there."

"Alright! Sweet, thanks so much man."

"Yeah, it's no problem," I smiled, walking to my room where I undressed and got in my pyjamas. When I finished, I went to check on Brandon to see if he was settled or if he needed anything. Honestly, I still felt uneasy about him here. But if he did murder me, I would kick his ass in hell.

"Brandon?" I called as I entered the living room area. I immediately shielded my eyes as he wasn't wearing a shirt. "Whoa, dude –"

"Bro, it's just shirtless. You can uncover your eyes, dork."

I pouted at his comment, but unshielded my eyes either way.

"Do you need anything?" I asked him politely.

"Nah, I'm good," He paused, "Thanks though Vik, you have no idea how much this means to me."

I nodded, walking back into my room. I collapsed on the bed, almost immediately falling asleep to the sounds of faint snoring coming from the living room.

The sleep didn't last long though. I was awoken by a soft knocking at my bedroom door.

"Yeah?" I mumbled groggily, trying to open my eyes and clear them from the sleepy haze.

"Vik?" Brandon whispered, sounding like a scared child.

"Is this the time where you murder me?"

"No," I heard him chuckle. "Can I sleep with you?"

"I don't even get a first date yet?"

"Oh my gosh– you're bad. I'm being serious," He trailed off.

"I literally met you like three hours ago," I groaned. I didn't want him to sleep in my bed with me. Even if he was attractive.

"I can't sleep. Scary."

"Hey..." I whispered, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"I'm sorry, I'll go home now."

"No, no. It's– what time is it?"

"4:30," He whispered.

"Come on, it's too early and dangerous for you to go home alone. Just... Just crawl in," I whined, lifting the covers for him to come and slip under. He quickly padded over and hopped under. I turned on my side facing away from him and closed my eyes.

He was warm.

When I woke up in the morning, Brandon was not to be found. I began to think I dreamed the whole thing up. That was until I found a yellow post-it note stuck to my fridge.

thanks vik, had to work
call me later
let's have that first date
304-789-6531
xx Brandon

My face turned a light shade of pink as I grabbed my phone and opened up 'contacts'.

(happy halloween everyone!! whatcha guys gonna be for it?
i'm gonna go as a pyjama zombie)