14 - Fight Me

note: BIRTHDAY FIC FOR ew-people happy birthday bby u r vv special hope your day is great ilysm (also i know ur birthday is on the 28th but i won't be able to post it tomorrow or the next so (: srry)

pairing: vikklan (for u bae)
word count: 960
..........

"Lachlan! Come on, we have to go shopping right now," I called to my roommate in annoyance. "The stores are going to close soon."

"Sorry, Vikky! I'll be right out," He shouted from his room. I heard some rustling and then the bang of something dropping on the floor. Then I heard him mutter 'shit'. I couldn't help the smile that found its way onto my face. Soon enough, he emerged from his room.

"Let's go!" He grinned, slipping on his shoes and walking out the door. I sighed, going into his room and looking around until I spotted his wallet on his bedside table. I did another glance and saw his phone on the floor. I picked it up and walked out. He was so forgetful.

I locked the apartment door and ran to catch up to the blonde who was already at the stairwell and rapidly making his way down. When I caught up, we were at the bottom of the stairs. I panted lightly and held out the items that belonged to Lachlan. He laughed.

"I'm so dumb, thanks Vikk," He grinned, leaning forward to press a friendly kiss to my cheek.

My face burned.

He walked to my car and waited for me to unlock it so he could get in the passenger seat. Soon enough, we were cruising down the road on a warm evening with the windows down and the music turned up high. It was blissful.

The Walmart parking lot came into view and I swung the car around, parking it rather nicely.

"Let's go!" Lachlan grinned, unlocking his door and jumping out. I sighed. He was practically a child. "Vikky, can we buy some of that fancy popcorn? The one with the caramel stuff on it," He flashed me his puppy dog eyes and I couldn't say no, I didn't have the heart to say no.

"Fine," I gave in. His eyes lit up like lights and he ran inside. "Wait! Lachlan!" I called after him, laughing lightly. He turned around and sent an apologetic smile.

"Hurry up then, you're like a turtle. VikTurtle12Slow," He groaned. I giggled at his joke.

"Shush, I just don't want to lose you in here. It's a madhouse."

"Okay, Mom," He said sarcastically. "Hold on, you don't want to lose me, huh?" He wiggled his eyebrows. I sighed dramatically.

"But of course, my fair prince, I could not bear to part ways with you," I acted. He laughed and shoved my shoulder.

"Nerd," He whispered into my ear before grabbing my hand. It felt electric. Jolts of energy traveled from my hand to my heart. "So you don't lose me," He smiled then started dragging me through the aisles. He kept picking up junk we probably didn't need and placing it in a cart he found in an aisle. I went along with it. My heart was pounding and my hand was stilling in his.

We were approaching the kids section and internally, I prayed he wouldn't find anything there. But alas, his head turned and his eyes locked onto something. I followed his gaze and saw a box of pool noodles.

"No," I whispered. "We're not going to!"

"Please Vikky?" He asked childishly. I shook my head. I wasn't going to give in. There was no way I was have a pool noodle duel in the middle of Walmart.

"Lachlan, please. We're like 21, we're not using the noodles as swords," I explained.

"But Vikky," He pouted, giving me his adorable puppy dog eyes. I immediately shut my eyes, determined not to look and give in. He made whimpering noises and I felt my determination slip through my fingers. I slowly opened my eyes and I felt a pang in my heart. He was so cute and sweet looking, I sighed again.

"Fine," I muttered.

"W-What?"

"I said 'fine'," I told him, louder this time. He grinned and tugged me over to the box and let go of my hand. It felt like a loss, my hand feeling cold and longing for his touch. My thoughts were dismissed once the blue foam noodle was shoved in my arms. Lachlan was holding a red one.

He walked close up, leaning down, and looking me dead in the eye. Our noses were almost touching. I could feel his hot breath brush my cheeks.

"Fight me," He whispered. He looked so hot right there. But the moment had to end. He turned and held out his weapon with an intense face, but I couldn't take him seriously. I held out mine and laughed.

"Let's go!" I called out, getting lost in the moment. Noodle hit noodle in a fierce battle. I couldn't stop laughing and my grip loosened on the blue pool toy. Lachlan took this opportunity and hit it out of my hands. He walked over to me, coming close to my face. His noodle was cross against my neck.

"Checkmate."

I was overwhelmed. Lachlan was so beautiful right now. I was so caught up. So I stepped onto my tip toes and was now level with him. Then I pressed my lips to his. He kissed back momentarily until I pulled away.

"My bad," I smirked, walking back to the cart. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Lachlan press his hand to his lips, his face a bright shade of red.

Maybe the noodle duel wasn't so bad. I got to kiss my roommate after all.