12 - Not She, Not He

two updates in one day wild

Pairing: no romance but involves the whole pack actually hints of vikklan and merome and poofless
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Word count: 1430

Summary: Rob's genderfluid and this is them coming out to the pack
(thanks to the comment from tato about genderqueer rob in the last oneshot and robyn for agreeing w/ tato here we go)

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I GOT ANYTHING WRONG ABOUT BEING GENDERFLUID

I took another sip of the water I had with me, needing something to do to keep me occupied while I nervously waited in my seat. The pack was supposed to show up at my house soon because I told them I had something to tell them. My palms were sweaty and my knees were weak. I felt very shaky. I looked down once more at my clothes: a white skirt, black tights, and a black shirt. I took a deep breath. I've never worn clothes like these around them.

I've never worn them around anyone but my mom and brother. They're the only two people who know about my gender. But right away, that two was about to become seven.

I visibly jumped as the doorbell rang. God, already?

I opened the door with a shaky hand, revealing the Merome duo. I wished Preston came first. I feel very comfortable with him. They greeted me with a wave and a loud cry of 'hello!'.

Then came the stares. I felt their eyes travel up and down my body as they looked at my clothes. It was quiet for a few moments. I was almost afraid they'd walk out.

"Okay, um. Come in guys," I was tired of the silence and hardly discreet staring.

"Alright," Jerome snapped out of it, sounding almost apologetic. He shrugged off his jacket and slipped off his shoes before moving further into my home. He waited a few feet away for Mitch to catch up.

"Nice place, by the way. I haven't been here yet," Jerome began making conversation, plopping himself on the couch and patting the spot next to him for Mitch to sit. I was just about to sit down again when the doorbell rang once more. I was thankful for the distraction. It was an awkward atmosphere with the two Floridians.

This time Preston arrived, Lachlan and Vik not far behind. My nerves were increasing by the second. Preston waved, glancing at my clothes before pulling me into a hug. I let out a heavy breath and hugged back, letting my heart take a chill pill.

"Hey," I mumbled, waving him in with my hand.

Vik came up next. He had the same stare as the other boys who came in. I felt alienated, ashamed. Nervous.

"Rob!" Lachlan shouted from the doorway. "Oh, nice clothes. Skirts look good on you," The blonde smiled.

He jumped right into it, the elephant in the room didn't seem to register for Lachlan. I smiled, grateful for him. Some of the nerves I felt flew out the window.

Lachlan and Vik moved to the living room.

"Oi, Jerome, Mitch! How's the Florida house?" Lachlan laughed, pulling the two boys into a hug. Have I mentioned I love Lachlan?

We all settled down, I sat next to Preston, shyly listening to the conversations happening around me. I grabbed my water bottle from the coffee table and sipped on water. Things calmed down after roughly 10 minutes and I knew that this was the moment to tell them. It got quiet. Like they were silently willing to speak, but my body refused to move.