13 - Santa Paws

Pairing: Merome (:

Word count: (short oh well)

Note: Merry Christmas!! I hope you all have a great day with fam and friends
and if you have no one to spend xmas with, my inbox is open let's have turkey

Question:
what did you all get for christmas?
i got a polaroid camera (:

Mitch's P.O.V.

I held the cat in my arms, quietly running into the house at roughly 4AM. He mewed softly and I put my finger to my lips and shushed him. He was going to be Jerome's Christmas present and I thought I had everything planned out, but I didn't anticipate the cat arriving so early.

"Kitty, Jerome's sleeping. We can't wake him up yet," I whispered to the small ball of fur.

I just got a meow in response.

I picked up a cat toy and threw it in a present bag while balancing the cat in one arm. I sighed, not wanting to put the cat down.

"Just another hour, okay?" I tired bargaining with the cat once he started to squirm.

Time passed slowly and I watched the clock with an impatient eye. The cat was my only company and he just wanted to jump around and swat at my hands. He was adorable, but I just wanted to sleep.

After what felt like years, the clock hit seven and I grabbed the red ribbon I picked out. Once I wrapped it loosely around the kittens neck, I gently put him in a huge box with holes carefully poked through everywhere.

"Shh," I said, closed the box and popping another bow on.

"Jerome!" I called, running to his room and knocking on the door rapidly. "Biggums, it's Christmas! Get your butt up!" I laughed as I heard some groans from the other side of the door.

"Mitch," He mumbled, probably annoyed that I woke him up so early.

"I have a gift for you," I sang. I heard shuffling and the door opened up, revealing a grumpy looking Jerome. "Morning," I whispered, getting closer to his face.

"Morning," He mumbled, shying away from me. I laughed and grabbed his hand, starting to drag him to the present.

His eyes widened when he saw the rather huge box.

"Open it!" I chanted, encouraging him. He hesitantly took off the bow and opened the top. His face went from concerned to shock and then happiness as he saw the contents.

"Mitch! You didn't!" He screamed, looking at me with a wide grin on his face.

"Merry Christmas," I giggled. He pulled me into a tight hug and I returned the embrace, burying my head in his shoulder.

"I'm going to name him Bacca v2 because he's so fluffy," He laughed. I smiled, happily watching my friend play with the new kitten.

"Mitch, you're awesome," He told me.

Butterflies fluttered in my stomach.