Chapter 21

Chapter 21

JAX

    "God, this is horrid," I groaned as June blasted 'Baby' by this kid called Dustin Beaver or something.

    "Baby, baby, baby, ohhhh like baby, baby..." she continued to sing and move her hands animatedly.

    "Come on," she smiled at me from the passenger seat. "You know you love it, Jax."

    I just simply shook my head and kept driving.

    For a few moments, she was quiet, and when I looked over at her, she was looking right back at me with a grin. "What?"

    "Nothing," she replied. "Nothing at all."

    Reaching across the console, I took one of her hands in mine and kissed it.

    "So, where are we going anyway?" June asked, looking around to see if she recognized the street we were on. I had borrowed my mom's car to take June on a real date. The times we went to Piazza's didn't count for me since we went there all the time, but today, I was going to surprise her.

    "You'll see," I said, and she pouted, knowing well that it would get me to feel all mushy inside and make me cave in. But I stood my ground this time.

    "I'm not falling for that," I chuckled, kissing her hand once again. "But trust me, you'll love it and won't ever want to leave."

    I thought I heard her mumble 'cocky bastard' under her breath and laughed, turning a corner. Pointing to the glove box, I gestured for her to open it.

    When she did, my face reddened a bit at the sight of a box of condoms resting in there.

    June turned to me, obviously trying to hide her smile. "What else are we doing today, Jax?" she teased.

    Rolling my eyes, I scoffed. "Just look for the blindfold. It's in there somewhere."

    June's eyebrows shot up as she gaped at me. "Condoms and a blindfold? Sorry bud, but I'm not into that kind of stuff."

    I laughed heartily before sighing. "Just put it on, June. Please."

    Chuckling, June reluctantly tied the black blindfold around her eyes and sat back in the seat before murmuring, "Never knew you had a kinky side..."

    "I don't!" I exclaimed, but June only laughed once more.

    Five minutes later, we had arrived at our destination. Rounding around to June's side, I opened the door and pulled her out.

    "Can I take my blindfold off now?"

    "Nope," I said, and led her to where I had planned out our afternoon.

    "I hear a lot of cars. Are we in New York City?"

    "Maybe..."

    "Jax!" she swatted out to hit me in the chest but instead slapped a woman walking by who glared at us both.

    "That wasn't you, was it?" she asked, hearing my chuckling.

    "Nope."

    "Damn."

    "Baby, relax..." I said into her ear after feeling her uneasiness about not knowing where she was.

    Letting out a sigh, she nodded reluctantly before taking my hand. I squeezed it tightly before leading her into the building in front of us.