Chapter 23

Chapter 23

"Hello, June."

Looking up, I saw Kylie hovering over my desk in a rigid stance. Class was about to begin, so I didn't understand why she was here. The smell of strong, flowery perfume wafted through the air and up my nose as I tried to hold back a sneeze.

"Hi..." I said skeptically, keeping my guard up.

"I was actually just thinking of you, you know?" she said.

"Um, no. I actually didn't know because you just told me."

I saw the faintest twitch of her eye, but before I could dwell on it, she continued with her... whatever it was.

"Anyways, I was thinking of you because I was hoping that maybe you could help Student Council prepare for the Valentine's Day Dance. What do you say?"

I started laughing, is what I did. My stomach clenched with pain as I completely broke out in a fit of giggles. But when I saw that Kylie actually looked a little peeved and hurt, I stopped.

"Uh, come again?"

Sighing, she pulled a chair up and sat next to me. "Look, I know we got off on the wrong foot and all, but I really think that making new friends is a really good thing to be able to do! So I'm asking you, friend to friend, if you'll forget about all our differences and maybe we can try to mend our... wounds."

Almost laughing at her choice of words, I looked at her closely to see if she was joking. We beat each other up, for Christ sake. But now she wants to just be... friends?

"Look," I started. "I'm not going to be your friend just yet. I mean, I'll try, but don't expect me to hug you or paint your nails or whatever the hell you do in your free time."

Kylie smiled a bit. "But you'll help out in the committee?"

"Yes."

"Eeeek!" she squealed and clapped her hands loudly so the other classmates looked at us in confusion.

"I'm so, so happy you agreed to this, June. You won't regret it, I promise." Then with a huge smile, she stood up and walked back to her seat.

What have I gotten myself into?

●●●

"June! Your breasts look fantastic!"

Closing Jax's front door, I walked into his living room and furrowed my eyebrows confusedly. "Jax?"

"They're just so... perky! I love them so much..." he said, laying his head right on my chest and sighing.

"Uh..."

"Sorry about that," I heard a voice speak from the stairs. "I accidentally got him high."

What is happening in this house?

"I'm Vincent, Jax's friend. You must be June." He came forward and shook my hand.

"Um, yeah that's me. Hi..." looking down at Jax who was enjoying his spot between my boobs, I cleared my throat and looked back up at Vincent.

"How did you get him accidentally high?" I asked.

"He ate some of my hash brownies. Guess he was hungry. The poor dude hasn't gotten high in years, so I thought that I should just let him be."

"Uh huh..." I said, prying Jax away from me and setting him on the couch. But before I could get away, he pulled me down on top of him so that I was sitting in his lap.