Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Today was the day.

The day of the race.

The day that would change our lives forever.

Well, not really. But I like to over exaggerate everything.

We were at the race track now, actually, and Jax was busy getting everything ready. I was currently sitting in his dressing room, rummaging through all the papers and cards; trying to sort out the mess in here. Outside, I could hear everybody's chatter and laughter as they mingled before the race.

"Hey," Jax said as he came into the room; the sounds of everyone's voice now muffled by the closed door.

"Hey, how's everything?"

He nodded, looking around quickly. "Good, good..."

He seemed to trail off for a bit before I stood up and came to him. "Hey, you're going to do great," I said as I rubbed his arms up and down. "There's nothing to worry about."

He looked down at me with wide eyes, obvious signs of nervousness. "I'm not worried, just really nervous. If there's a difference..." he shook his head softly and scoffed. "I keep thinking that this is all a dream... that I'll wake up any minute now in my room back in Brooklyn."

I smiled softly, draping my arms on top of his shoulders. "It sort of is like a dream, huh? A dream come true. You've made it so far, Jax."

He laughed, pulling me closer. "I did, didn't I?" he shook his head again in disbelief. "It's just so hard to wrap my mind around it."

I kissed him softly and tenderly, letting his hands grip my waist as mine snaked around his neck; digging into his hair. "I hope you win, I really do."

He leaned back and rested his forehead against mine while taking a deep breath. "Me too, sweetheart."

After about another fifteen minutes, it was time to start the race and we all headed towards the stands while the racers got their stuff ready.

I went up in the front row of the stands and sat down when suddenly, I felt a presence beside me and looked over to see who it was.

"Kylie?"

She looked over with a smug grin on her face. "That's me."

I was actually stunned for a moment. "Wh-What are you doing here?"

She gestured towards the track. "I'm here to watch the race, duh."

"You flew all the way out here to Miami to watch a race? I didn't know you liked this kind of thing."

Kylie smiled, tight lipped. "I didn't come here for Jax, if that's what you're thinking."

I looked out at the track where the cars would be in a moment. "Then who'd you come for?"

She turned her head and looked at me like I was a stupid little child. "I came here for Cody, silly."

I froze, now confused as hell. "How do you know Cody?"

And then the next three words she said absolutely threw me off.

"He's my fiancé."

-------

JAX

"Her what?"

"Her fiancé. Her fucking fiancé, Jax!" I heard June sigh over the phone. "I can't even believe it."

I shook my head. "This is the weirdest thing..."

"I have a bad feeling about this," June said.

"Why?"

I could hear the worry in her voice. "I mean, Cody and Kylie? Together? The girl who hates me and the guy who hates you, engaged? I just feel like he'll do something bad for Kylie being interested in you."

I sighed, rubbing my head. "Don't worry, June. It's most likely just a coincidence. A really weird coincidence."

She was quiet for a while before she spoke. "I don't know..."

I wanted to hug her, to comfort her, in any way that I could. But she was somewhere else and I was getting ready for this race.

"Where are you right now, anyway?" I asked.

June chuckled. "Hiding out in the bathroom for as long as I can. I'd rather spend as little time as possible sitting next to Kylie."

I laughed, putting on my stuff. "Alright, well I have to go, race is about to start. I'll see you in the stands?"

"Absolutely," she said. "I'll be the crazy chick screaming your name."

"Ooh, I was hoping we could save that for later tonight."

I could practically feel her rolling her eyes. "Just know that if you win," she whispered, her voice all sultry, "I'll let you do whatever you want to me tonight."

Heat shot through my body. "Whatever I want?"

"Mhm."

I thought, then said, "Have you ever thought about anal?"

I could hear her choke from coughing on the other end and burst into a fit of laughter. "I'm just messing with you, June."

"Oh thank God," she said, breathing heavily. "I was about to run for the hills."

"Ha ha, now this time, I really have to go. See you after, I love you."

"I love you too, Jax."

After I hung up, I got all my stuff on and readied my car.

Let the race begin.

----------

AHHHH it's so nice to update again! My sincerest apologies for taking 50000 years to update, but it's SUMMER! And I'm just trying to enjoy as much of it as possible before school starts... in exactly 4 days.

So, here's your chapter, and I hope you like it! I'm starting the next one WRITE now... get it, hahaha, but I can't promise an update immediately!

And trust me, the whole Cody and Kylie stuff will all be much clearer the next few chapters, I promise ;)

Good luck in school my loves, and if you need help or someone to talk to anytime, I'm always here. Don't be afraid to message me :)

Have a fantastic day, much love,

- Anne :)