Chapter Two: A Rebel Yell

Vanessa's striking blue eyes became a bloodshot mess from minutes of bawling them out. Chrissy finished recounting the story of the two daughters she lost to the Jedi purge years ago - two girls she met once and did not recognize her from the condition of her fluxed identity. It was the fact that Chrissy never even got to say goodbye to her girls that made Vanessa sob in a notably loud way, driving Adrienne nuts. She sat on the floor and against the wall beside Vanessa and Chrissy, completely healed of her wounds (although the blood still remained on her clothes); it was a place she suddenly found herself regretting to be in.

Loudly banging her head against the hard steel wall was all that could be done to drown out the sound of Vanessa's moaning and sniffling. "Please God. Let me die now. This time for good."

"What type of Jedi does that?"

Adrienne ceased the banging of her skull to the steel and glared towards Penz, who maintained her lotus style sitting on the bed, her eyes shut. "Does what?"

"Beg for death."

Adrienne frowned at the young blonde. "I'm sorry. Who the hell are you again?"

"I'm what you are...a prisoner of war." Penz remarked.

"I'm not fighting any war." Adrienne clarified with a snicker. "I'm a simple woman caught in the wrong place at the wrong time - and now I have to endure a sassy blonde and two blubbering redheads."

Wiping her nose with a purple silk handkerchief she pulled from the inside her jacket, the sniffling Vanessa looked defensively to Adrienne. "Well, excuse me for being so emotional!" She pointed to her wet, reddened eyes and added, "These are angry tears! The Empire has taken so much from so many! Those were her children!"

"And you think I don't know that?" Adrienne furiously snapped. "What people have lost? What about what I've lost?"

Chrissy noticed how visibly distraught this woman she met only hours ago was. The particular emphasis on herself was a major clue. "What have you lost to the Empire, Adrienne?"

The self-proclaimed Guardian was speechless, only staring at Chrissy in a conspicuously browbeaten way. It was a definite change in demeanor from the otherwise overtly confident and grotesquely mysterious woman.

She almost seemed willing to share her story, until she and her fellow inmates heard movement from the only vent in the cell.

"Is there somebody in there?" Chrissy questioned.

Penz was curious enough herself to reopen her eyes and look to the vent, wondering just as the other women did.

The vent cover popped right off its hinges and fell towards the floor. Before it could hit, however, Adrienne reached out with her right arm and levitated it just an inch from the floor, successfully preventing it from clattering loud enough for the Troopers outside to hear. Still channeling her power, she gently and quietly set it down.

Looking to the opened vent, the four women saw a teenage boy with fair skin, blue eyes, and blue-black hair poking out his upper body from inside.

Adrienne directly recognized him. "Ezra! Where's the rest of the crew?"

"They're on the way." Ezra acknowledged. "Did you get the information you wanted?"

Adrienne shook her head negatively. "Still working on it. I've got to give Vader one last surprise visit before we leave."

Ezra clearly did not appreciate the idea of staying any longer on the battle station just to wait for Adrienne to make a move that would undoubtedly get them all killed. But he knew better than to argue with a woman with eyes as scary and intimidating as hers.