Chapter Ten: Future Legends

"Is she going to be alright?"

Penz's concern for Elsa mirrored Vanessa's. The tall redhead placed a hand over the unconscious Snow Queen's forehead. It glowed in a golden hue while there. After some time, Vanessa breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yeah." Vanessa confirmed. "She's just got the wind knocked out of her, but she'll be just fine."

Penz gave a satisfied nod but not long before she noticed the hand Vanessa had on Elsa was shaking. "I suppose I should ask if you are going to be alright as well."

Vanessa knew she had been caught. There was no hiding the fact that her nerves were shot. "It's just..." She swallowed and breathed very hard. "Yve Ette...she nearly almost killed me. I've never been so close to death...not since..." She choked on her words, unable to finish. The anxiety overwhelming, tears fell from her eyes.

It was the most vulnerable Penz ever seen her. She put a comforting hand to her shoulder and said, "You're safe now. She won't ever lay a finger on you again."

"Thank you." Vanessa softly acknowledged. "The one person that came to mind in that moment I faced her was Benji. I'd never forgive myself if I let Yve Ette-"

"WHERE IS SHE?"

It was the distraction Vanessa did not ask to have but glad it came anyway. Adrienne stormed through the cargo hold, where most of the Ghost crew was gathered, acting as frantic as she could be.

"Where is who?" Chrissy questioned.

"Natalie!" Adrienne growled. "Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, and Sven are missing and so is her big butt! If anything had happened to them, I'll-"

"Settle down, Adrienne!" Kanan intensely demanded. "I don't know who you're talking about, but right now, we have more pressing concerns to deal with, such as the fact that someone's been keeping secrets from us, and we're going to find out what they are now."

He was visibly upset, and so was Hera. Penz took note of this, as well as more from the two. "You suspect me and Vanessa of sabotaging the ship. I can sense it within you."

"Now see that right there is another problem I have." Kanan pointed directly to Penz. "Your way of 'sensing' things like a Jedi, which you clearly are not. So let's start with the first of many questions: what are you really?"

Penz and Vanessa shared in a quick careful glance. The time to come clean to the Ghost crew had arrived.

"You're right, Kanan. I'm no Jedi." Penz's demeanor slightly changed, acting more loosely in her personality. "I'm a being called the Guardian." She gestured to Vanessa. "She's one, too... but of a different kind than I am."

Adrienne's ears perked at this information.

"Guardians? Of what?" Hera asked. "The galaxy?"

Vanessa chuckled. "Nope. But there really is such a thing out there."

"We're Guardians of another universe known to few outside it as the 'Disneyverse.'" Penz clarified.

It was a revelation that astounded everyone, specifically Chrissy, who was reminded of a recent conversation over a similar topic. She looked to Adrienne and asked, "Didn't you tell me back on Coruscant that you're a Guardian, too?"