Her Diary- 67

Dear diary,

I've realized that DJ has done so much for the both of us to move on, to forget about Amy and Andrew. So today I want to do something for DJ, for the both of us.

I decided to bring DJ to the amusement park. I know that it sounds childish but that's where DJ and I used to mostly go before all this mess.

I remember that whenever we would go to a ride that I was afraid of he would hold my hand and tell that it'll be alright, that he's there for me. Those words were so simple but they would never fail to make me smile.

Then there was this time when I wanted this teddy bear. DJ saw that I really wanted it so he played the game to win the teddy bear. He kept trying and trying to win. I told him that it was alright if I didn't get the teddy bear but he didn't listen, and he just kept playing until he won the teddy bear. Even if he lost almost all his money that day because of that one teddy bear he still didn't give up.

I kept asking him why he didn't want to stop until he got the teddy bear, and he answered with one of the most touching things. He said that he didn't want to give up. He didn't want to give up because it was for someone important to him, that sacrifices, even the biggest sacrifices are worth it just to see a smile on my face.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that he never fails to make me smile. And now it's my turn, I want to make him smile.

I'm really excited to go to the amusement park.

- Kathryn