Her Diary- 78 (Memory 2/Part 2)

Hey guys! I have new cover for the book!

Go check it out in the multimedia!

And I need your honest opinion on which one is better. The first one or this second one?

********************

Kathryn's POV

"Kath! Come on!" DJ said excitedly, gesturing me to go behind him at the back of the jet ski.

"I um. . .I wanna ride alone! Yeah! I'm gonna ride a jet ski on my own!" I lied.

Okay. . .I don't want to ride a jet ski alone. I want to hold onto him but. . . I promised myself that I'd be keeping a bit of distance from DJ. . . so that my feelings could somehow go away bit by bit.

These past few days we've been here in Hawaii have been really hard for me. I've been trying to avoid him.

I just hope he doesn't notice.

••••••••••

DJ's POV

"You sure?" I asked her.

"Yeah I'm sure!" Kathryn smiled.

I just smiled back and rode off.

What's wrong with Kathryn? Why does it feel like she's been avoiding me? Did I do anything wrong? Is there something I don't know about?

I mean we've been alright these past few days; we don't have a problem between us.

Wait! Do we have a problem between us? Is that why she doesn't want me to read her diary?

Argh! There are so many things going on in my mind! I need. . .I need to talk to Kathryn.

••••••••••

Kathryn's POV

The entire day while DJ and I have been touring around Hawaii he's been kinda quiet.

It's just really strange for me. He's not usually like this. . .unless he has a problem.

We're here right now at the beach just sitting down silently.

"DJ are you alright."

He sighed and took a deep breath before answering. "Kath I'm going to ask you a question. But you have to be completely honest with me. Okay?"

W-what? I'm starting to get worried.

"O-okay." I hesitatingly answered.

"Kath what's wrong? Why are you avoiding me?"

•••••••••

Third Person's POV

She was shocked with his question. Her heart started beating fast and she started to get nervous.

"W-what? DJ I'm n-not avoiding you." She answered stammering.

Yes, she was lying, she but it's because she's scared; she's scared of what his reaction will be. She doesn't want to lose DJ. . .not again. She's afraid of losing their friendship; of losing him.

"Oh that's bullsh*t! Kath I know you're lying! Just tell me the truth!" He yelled angrily and stood up.

"D-DJ I-I can't." She looked down.

"What?! Why not?! Kath just tell me! What's so important in your diary that you won't tell me?! Why are you avoiding me?! What are you hiding from me?!"

He couldn't help it anymore. He was so confused. He was full of anger and confusion that he just burst out.

"DJ please. . ." Tears started falling down from her eyes.

"No Kath! What are hiding from me?! What's wrong?!"

She suddenly stood up and shouted. "You wanna know?! Fine! I'm in love with you okay! I'm in love with with my bestfriend! And I keep avoiding because I'm scared! I'm scared that I would fall for you even more; I'm scared that these stupid feelings won't go away! These damn feelings just won't go away and I'm tired! I'm tired of hiding these feelings! I'm tired of loving a guy who won't ever love me back! No matter what I do I just can't stop loving you!"

She then ran away while wiping the tears in her eyes, while DJ was left there shocked. He didn't know what he was supposed to feel.

He was so confused. There were so many emotions going on right now. But what stood out the most was a feeling he's never felt before.

DJ felt. . . strange. This feeling was so new to him. He didn't know what it was but it made his heart beat fast.

He suddenly then held onto his chest. It was the first time his heart bested that fast. And the reason for that heart beat was when Kathryn said that she loved DJ.

**********

Kathryn's POV

I kept running until I got tired of running and sat down on the sand, but my tears didn't stop falling.

I did it. I told him. I told him everything; I told him that I loved him.

I meant every word I said; and in every word I said I felt a pang of pain.

I'm in love with my bestfriend; I'm in love with DJ; I'm in love with the guy who doesn't love me back.

Why can't I just love someone else? Why does have to be my bestfriend?

I'm just so tired of always getting hurt. All I want is to be happy. . . but the only thing; the only one that makes me  happy is DJ.

••••••••••

DJ's POV

S-she's in love with me. My bestfriend; Kathryn i-is in love with me.

But. . . but why? And why haven't I ever noticed?

This whole time she's been in love with me and I haven't even noticed, not once! Argh! How stupid can I be?!

F*ck! I'm so stupid! My bestfriend has been in love with me and I never saw it! I'm her bestfriend, and I didn't even know what she was going through!

I need to. . . I need to find Kathryn.

I need to talk to her. . .