Chapter 1

As I laid in my bed, asleep, a light cool breeze slipped its way through a slim opening from my window. The brushing of the cool fresh air on my body caused me to wake up.

It was after I began shivering that I noticed my warm, cozy blanket was no longer on me anymore. Even after I had recovered myself, the relentless goosebumps and chills stubbornly stayed.

I was so reluctant to get up and shut the window. My tired body just ached so much, but I guess that's what I'm going to have to do if I want to stop shivering.

I looked at the clock and sighed. Okay, so I have thirty-seven minutes left before I have to get up. This'll only take a minute, I thought, then tiredly uncovered myself from underneath my covers.

I sat on the edge of the bed for a moment, regaining my energy before I stood up. I grabbed the handle of my oxygen tank with one hand and turned my lamp on with the other, then I began to walk toward the window.

As my baby blue curtains danced in the wind, it made this annoying ruffling noise, that I was so eager to stop.

When I had the tips of my fingers in place, I pushed down on the window with all of my might. Unfortunately, the darn thing wouldn't budge, it was stuck. I was pushing so hard that I became out of breath.

It was after I had quit trying to fight with my stubborn window, that I realized it was getting harder by the second to take in a deep breath. My chest began to tighten, and my throat swelled, causing fear to cut through my soul, like a dagger. I laid my hand on my chest, lightly rubbing it, then took in a breath, hoping that it would loosen my lungs up a bit, but it didn't, it got worse.

I quickly raced to my nightstand and hastily pulled open the top drawer, desperately searching for my inhaler. I didn't find it in there, so I shoved it closed and dove down to bottom one.

As I was still searching, I felt that my breathing was worsening. I began to wheeze and cough terribly. I was suffocating, it felt like someone literally had their hands around my neck, choking me.

"Muhh!" I called, barely getting the word to come out through my throat, hoping that she'd heard me. Although, I knew that it was very unlikely, see, we lived on different floors. Her on the second and I on the first.

It's complicated.

Without any strength to get back up and unable to force another word out of my mouth, I desperately tried and reach for my phone that was on my nightstand, so that I could message my mom to come and help me. Unfortunately, I aimed wrong and grabbed my alarm clock instead of my phone. I accidentally knocked it down to the floor, causing it to break.

"Muhh," I called for the last time and then gave up. My strength was gone, I was just too tired to fight anymore.

As I was on the floor gasping for air like how a fish does, when out of the water, my mom rammed the door open and came in running, with worry in her tired eyes. She went into 'Mama Bear' mode and got my inhaler that was in the top drawer of the nightstand on the other side of my bed.

I'm such an idiot.

With no time wasted, she came to my side, on the floor, and gave me what I needed. Thankfully, it didn't take too long before medicine started to work, by soothing my throat and lungs. My mom had laid my head on her lap and tenderly rubbed my face, reassuring me.