Chapter 15

A/N: I made up the name of the Hospital. It's just from my silly imagination. ;)

----------------------

When I was walking toward my moms car, I tried my very best not to show that I was limping, because I knew she'd freak out. She can be such a worrier at times.

"Dawn, come quickly, i'm taking you to the hospital." She said apprehensively.

I reluctantly picked up my pace and opened the car door. I sat in the back again, because I still wasn't comfortable with the idea, of sitting where aunt Melina...leaked.

"What? Why do I need to go to the hospital? It's...not that serious."

"Yes, it is serious, and oh my goodness! Your clothes are so dirty." When she said that, it was then that I noticed everything I had on was not only stained with blood but was also smeared with mud and dirt, by me falling down. Even my shoes.

Agh...

"Never mind it's fine, when you called me and said you had bled all over your shirt, I got you a change of clothes." Thank you universe, for a mother that understands. "You can change now as i'm driving, hopefully no one will see you." She said causally while handing me the bag, with my clothes in it.

"Agh, mom, now I dont wanna change anymore," I whined as I grabbed the bag.

"Stop complaining and just do it. It's not gonna kill you." She said irritated.

"Okay, okay," I quickly said in submission.

My mom doesn't usually get angry or irritated at me often, only when i'm being foolish or difficult...which I wasn't being...right?

As I was taking off my dirty clothes, I noticed she was a bit on edge. I saw her facial expression on the rearview mirror and it showed pure fear. Her grip on the wheel was tight as she was driving, with her eyes glued to the road. I was starting to feel quite uneasy myself, after seeing her this way. She's normally a relaxed and chill person.

When my mom stopped at a red light, I shook off the bad feeling I was having and just continued putting on my jean shorts and a white shirt that says 'I Love Barney,' on it. Really mom?

As I pulled my shirt down, I looked out the window and saw a boy about twelve years old watching me, but then he quickly averted his eyes back to his 3DS, where it should be.

Agh...that little rascal!

I sunk down in my seat until I knew the light turned green by her starting to drive again. I checked to see if the little perv was still watching, he wasn't and thankfully his car went in the opposite direction.

I let out a sigh of relief and sat back in my seat comfortably, then buckled myself.

Realizing how nervous my mom was, I went ahead and asked, "Hey mom, are you okay? You seem...upset."

She quickly looked at me through the rearview mirror and then refocused her attention to the road. "O...Oh, i'm fine. It's...just...it's nothing. We're almost there, just put on you shoes and wait patiently, please." She said calmly, trying to reassure me.

I know that my mom was trying to calm me down by saying 'it's nothing', but for some reason that just made me all the more anxious.

"Okay," I said.

The rest of the way to, Groves Children's Hospital, was in silence.

When she pulled into the parking lot, was when I finally decided to put on my black and white converse shoes. One thing you need to know about me, is that ninety seven percent of the time, I wait til the last minute to do things.