Chapter 41

Another week passed, and the days didn't go by as harshly as I thought they would. It was also Saturday and a bit late in the evening.

Thomas and I had already made it to cotillion and we were sure to be there early this time. We arrived ten minutes before the time and it just relieved me so much because I knew we weren't going to get yelled at or get and lip from that Raven!

That woman last week seriously​ laid a really harsh impression on us; even the thought of showing up one minute late brought nervous chills to climb up and down my spine.

Once everyone was here, she began with a lesson of table manners and just manners in general. Although the advice was exceptionally true and genuine, I found it extremely tough that a very loud and gruff woman such as this would be able to teach politeness. She's the rudest person I've met so far in my life—a true brute in fact!

Today we were going to learn how to dance and... I've actually been waiting for this because I didn't know how to and I really wanted to know! I longed to know how it felt like to dance with a guy... even if it was Thomas I'd be dancing with.

I blushed at that thought for some reason, but I quickly shook it off as soon as he quietly asked if I was okay. I gave him a reassuring smile and nodded, allowing him to relax and think I was.

When we all finished eating, we stood up at her command and followed her in a straight line to a wide open space. It looked like a dancefloor; one I'd see in Disney princess movies! It was very beautiful that I just couldn't help but smile.

"Can anyone guess what's going to happen next?" she asked surprisingly with a slight smile. "Ziss is my favorite part."

A boy in the middle of the line hesitantly rose his hand. "Erm, is this where we're supposed to—"

"Be silenced! I did not ask you to speak!" Madame Fillon bellowed. "It was a rhetorical question!"

His face shone with embarrassment after she had finished scolding him.

She took a moment to take a deep breath and clear her throat before she decided to speak again. "Alright ladies and gentlemen, let's get started."

Madame Fillon had called up the very sharply dressed man, who had been standing next to the person at the end of the line. He seemed to be her assistant, and I guess he's also here to help demonstrate how the dance was going to be. The woman held out her hand to him, expectantly, with a grin curled up on her thin, blood red lips. She instantly lit up at the light touch of his fingers and her skin flamed as the man gently placed his lips on the back of her hand. I swear she almost fainted.

"My, my, Henry, what a grip you have!" she said somewhat, seductively, lowering her voice.

Uhh...?

Lust sparkled in her dark, ghost eyes as she stared upon the aged yet very handsome man, but she quickly snapped out of her trance, turning back to the class, reluctantly.

She cleared her throat and came a few steps toward us with her nose, once again, pointing to the sky in a strict manner. The sound of her thin heels tapping against the glossy floor echoed annoyingly throughout the room.

"Alright everyone," she started with her french accent ringing in our ears. "Henry and I are going to show you exactly how I want zeuh dance to go, yes? There shouldn't be any mistakes if you were paying attention. Watch closely, count our footsteps, do something in order to get it right, because as you already know, I have very high expectations. I do not tolerate failure. Have I made myself clear?"

"Yes, Madame Fillon," we all said in unequal unison.

She scoffed then said, "Good." That was the only word she spoke before she made her way back to the man with a closed mouth smile appearing on her lips.