Chapter 17

"Why are you putting the bottle back down?" The voice echoed in my mind, sounding seductive and feminine.

"It's not worth it," I simply thought back.

"You have a slow and painful death ahead of you. Would you not want to die peacefully in your bed, under your covers?"

"I do, but i'm scared that i'm not making the right choice," I said honestly.

"Do not worry, child, this would actually be the best decision you would ever make in your whole pitiful life. I promise i'll make your death nice and quick for you."

I looked at the bottle and thought for a moment. "Why should I even trust you?" I questioned. "Who are you anyways?"

"Call me, Sue. And why should you trust me? Well, child, i'm your friend. And i'm only here to help you make the right choices, nothing more nothing less." When I didn't answer, it continued, "I mean like, nobody likes you anyways. Not even your own mother, you are like a sword in her spine." The voice slightly hissed.

I thought about what it had said and believed it. "You're right aren't you?"

"Yes, child, I am. And once you swallow those pills, all your worries will be gone, your suffering will be no more!" The voice said and I started to open the bottle. As I did, I felt something on the inside of me slither upwards my body, tightening itself. As if someone or something was trying to suffocating me.

I tilted the bottle so I could pour it into my hand, but a part of me still didn't want to do it.

"I...I can't!" I shouted within my mind. "It's too hard." I tried to put the bottle down, but I was struggling to. It was like trying to budge a rusty hinge.

"Do not fight me, child," the voice said, not sounding as seductive or feminine anymore. "You are so close, do not miss this opportunity!"

"No!" I thought aloud, trying to fight myself.

"Do it, you worthless piece of trash!" It barked with a very deep and loud voice. The sensation inside me grew tighter and tighter as my hand, full of pills got closer to my mouth. "Do it!"

"No...stop! Help! Someone please help me!" I screamed but nothing came from my lips."

The voice inside my head chuckled, as if satisfied by my fear. "No one can hear you, chi...ahhhh!" The voice shrieked as a blinding, bright light appeared in my room.

Beyond the light I saw a figure of a person, but because of the brightness, I couldn't really describe anything except for the mighty wings I saw poking out of the light.

"Sssssssssss," it hissed as the light touched me. "An angel of God?! What are you...what are you doing here?" It said, sounding afraid and loosened its grip on me, allowing me to breath a little more easily. "Please, please don't sent me back to the place of the dead! Have mercy on me!"

He streached out his hand and said, "Get out of her right now, you vile spirit of suicide, in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ!" The person had such authority.

Also, the voice from the mysterious being was familiar, very familiar, but no, it couldn't be.

It let out a nasty roar in anguish and shouted, "Ahhh! I was so close! And now you've ruined me!" After it said that I felt something leave me and I was no longer suffocating. Regaining full control of my body, I dropped the pills on the floor and threw the bottle across my room.

I turned to my right only to see a snake that was about two feet wide or wider and had a length that could possibly reach the second floors ceiling. It had beady, blood red, cat eyes and had the largest set of fangs i've ever seen.