Chapter 18

I was now on dinner duty while my mom got ready for work. She hated being late to work, because she's working on getting a raise.

As I was putting chicken in the oven, I heard my phone constantly vibrating. Which means somebody was calling me.

I quickly flung the oven door shut and flew to the sink to wash my hands. I did not dry them because I didn't want to risk loosing the call. It's been ringing for a while.

When I laid my eyes on the phone, pure hope filled me to the brim. It was a random number calling and nobody ever calls me...ever. Except my mom, of course.

I swiped and I swiped, but the water from my hands dripped onto the screen, not allowing me to pick up the call.

No...no, this can't be happening to me!

I thought, then desperately started to wipe my phone on my shirt. Without looking, I hopfully swiped again, but in the wrong direction.

End Call.

I froze for a second in utter shock, because I...could of, most possibly just hung up on the love of my life!

Why, universe? Why?

I was about to tap the call again button, but Meg's number appeared on my phone and I accidentally pressed her pick up button instead.

I sighed in disappointment. Again.

"Hello?"

"Hey Dawn, can you please give my your address again. I like totally forgot."

"O...Okay, Sure. I live at 2738 Turtle Run Blvd."

"Okay, thanks!"

"Oh, and you'll know when to turn in when you see a huge sign with a turtle running on it."

She gasped. "Aww, I love turtles. They're so cute...well the small ones are."

"Yeah," I said giggling. "I totally agree."

"Kay, see you in a bit."

"Okay, bye." I said then hung up.

After that I cleaned the messes I had made in the kitchen. I then grabbed a bag of chips and the soda, Adam, gave to me.

After making my way to the couch, I sat and enjoyed my snack while watching t.v. for some time. Until I heard a knock on the door.

I unsteadily stood up and used the couch's arm as a railing to keep me balanced.

I took a few steps away from the couch, but then dizziness took over my vision, causing me to loose my footing and slam into a wall. I felt like I was on a boat, that was swaying back and forth on the waters brutally.

"Ow," I whispered to myself, while catching my breath and gently rubbed the arm that collided with the wall. I wasn't even running, why am I so out of breath?

Knock Knock Knock

I sighed as I heard the door and wished that I could just stay standing here forever. Although, I was really excited about her coming, because it's been a while since I had a friend over.

It's okay. It's normal for crappy things like this to happen to me. Just breathe and stay calm, my thoughts reassured me.

So, I just shook off the fear and opened my eyes. When I did, I was relieved to see that my vision was slowly getting back to normal.

Knock Knock Knock

"Dawn, honey? Are you going to get that?" My mom shouted, all the way from her room. "It could be that friend of yours."