Chapter 29

Dawn's  P  O  V

I woke up the next day, by the gleaming sunlight that rested on my eyelids. It was a Saturday morning, so I wasn't pressured to use the little energy I had to get up. Sighing, I glimpsed at my new alarm clock that my mom had bought for me yesterday because I accidentally broke my old one on the first day of school. It read eight thirty-one. I then groaned and turned around so that the light coming though my window wouldn't disturb me. My blankets made a ruffling noise as I cozily snuggled up underneath the warm covers. I had several blankets because I often had chills at night.

I was half gone before I began to no longer feel the flowing air going up my nose. The tank must've run out of oxygen, I tiredly thought to myself. After I whined to myself, I forced myself up and looked at my tank, my... lifeline. It was right beside my bed.

Rubbing my eyes with one hand, I grabbed its handle with my other, then slid off my bed. My eyelids were heavy as I walked all the way to the closet, but I pushed myself. If fresh oxygen wasn't flowing into my nostrils in the next ten to fifteen minutes, I'd slowly suffocate. Trying to breathe without my oxygen tank is like breathing with a blanket covering my nose and mouth.

It really sucks to be me... I hate my life...

After I had changed the tanks, the stream of fresh cool air was now getting blown into my nose, and it felt nice. I then got up and went to my bathroom and did my regular morning routine. I was relieved when I remembered that I washed my hair last night.

Phew, one less problem to deal with, I thought.

When I was done showering, I placed on the clothes that I had planned today, which was a baby pink, round neck sweatshirt with a pair of simple black leggings. It was a bit chilly in my house today, so I had to prepare for battle.

As soon as the faint smell of blue berry pancakes hit my nose when I stepped out of the bathroom, the baby wolves inside me squirmed and gnawed at my stomach, telling me to go faster, and so, I did.

I greeted my mother with a kiss on the cheek and she quickly did the same to me. It wasn't too long before I notice her cute turban headwrap, that was twisted into a bun. She probably didn't want to deal with her 'knotty' hair today, I don't know.

After she had placed the food on my plate I wasted no time and dug in, like there was no tomorrow.

My mom turned and looked at me with her eyes wide open. "Baby, slow down, you might choke!" She said. "I know my cooking is good, but dang."

With my mouth full of food, I giggled at her comment and then gave her a closed mouth smile. "Fine," I said after swallowing. "I'll slow down, but it really wouldn't make a difference, honestly."

"Mhm," my mom said, giving me. a 'Yeah right' face, and I laughed.

After I had finished my food and took my pills, I went to the kitchen and quickly washed the fork and plate I used. My mom was still eating because she was too busy talking on the phone.

With absolutely nothing to do, I decided to hop onto my living room couch to relax while watching the big screen t.v. To my dismay, as I flipped through the channels I realized that all the shows that were on were complete trash! I mean like, who would want to keep up with the freaking Kardashians?! Agh, oh my gosh, I am so bored.

I have lots of homework to do, but you know, I'm way too busy for that. After a while of me moping around, I remembered that there was a swing set in my backyard. I haven't been out there in a while, so I guess I sorta forgot about it.

Standing up, I grabbed the remote and turned off the TV, then I began to walk toward the back door. As I was sliding it open, my mom called my name and asked what I was doing.