Chapter 36

A/N: Hey guys, I'd really like to know one thing. Is my story's paste too slow or is it okay? Do I need to move it a bit faster??? I'd really appreciate some feedback! :)

————————

The bell rang and everybody got up to go to their second class. As I was fixing my things, Adam waved at me before he left and I waved back. It was the little things he did that meant the most to me.

I slowly stood up from of my seat and placed my notebook and folders inside my rolly backpack then made my way to the teachers desk. She looked up from her laptop and smiled warmly at me just as I stopped in front of her. “Hey, Dawn, what's up?” She placed her complete attention on me.

“Hi, uh...” I cleared my throat. “Do you know where Megumi might be by any chance?”

She almost seemed puzzled as to why I didn't know. “She didn't tell you?” I lifted an eyebrow in curiosity while she typed on her computer. “I thought you two were close friends.”

I breathed then said, “It's... complicated.”

“That's what they all say.” Mrs. Charlotte turned her laptop toward me and pointed to a place on the screen. “She's suspended for the whole week... for fight...”

“For fighting?!” I cut her off unintentionally. The words just... came out. “What the heck—with who? Does it say?”

“Yeah, it says she fought with, uh... a girl called Alex Garcia—she's also suspended,” her eyes widened slightly. “Uh-oh, it's the same Alexa that sits right over there in this period. Yikes.”

“Yeah... yikes. But I don't understand why—why would she fight her?” I asked. “I thought they were friends. It doesn't make any sense.”

“I don't know either. I wish I did, though,” she sighed softly. “I guess it's something you're gonna have to go ahead and ask her yourself—ask her, she'll tell you. Trust me she's not the type to be quiet.”

I stared at her for another second then smiled. “O...Okay, Mrs. Charlotte. Thank you for your help.” She answered me with a simple ‘no problem’ then I quickly left and marched straight to the bathroom because I seriously had to go. Relieving myself was the only thing that was on my mind at this moment.

The line was super long and almost poked out of the entrance. I bet more than half of these girls aren't even here to use the bathroom but to get a turn to look, in the one mirror that was in here, to fix themselves up for next period. It was like we were in a chicken coop! I should really start getting in the habit of asking to go during class.

Also, waiting to go in a stall was quite annoying because I was only comfortable with using the large one, so even though I was at the front of the line and a small one was open I had to let the person behind me go. I almost peed on myself once because some idiot thought it was nap time in there. Like, I can't even...

After I was finished, I probably had like a minute left before the late bell rang, so I walked as fast as I could to get to class on time. I didn't run because I didn't want to risk running over someone's new shoes again. Yeah... that's not happening. I looked down at my phone to get the real time and saw that I actually had two minutes left.

Like that's a difference...

I was still glancing at my phone after I knew the time, checking if I had any new messages from Wattpad. But as I was rushing I accidentally bumped into someone. I bounced back from the impact by about three feet. My side hit the sharp corner of the boy's books, making me groan slightly while I held my side with a pained facial expression. I looked up at the angry person and it made my blood run cold.