Chapter 68

A/N: Alright here's another chapter for those of you who still remain, lol. I appreciate you guys sooo much!:)❤

PS: One more chapter left. Finally!!!

_________________

The very first thing I noticed once the living room came into my view was that the couches weren't in there usual places, but shoved away to a corner. A thick green and grassy rug stretched throughout the ground, covering most of the area. There were also fake plastic-looking trees and even a few rocks laid out here and there, but what really made this whole thing come together beautifully was the natural light that came from the patio—the dark blue pleated curtains had been pulled to one side, allowing the sun to break-in.

I turned my head slightly to the side and there he was—on the floor, kneeling on both knees and looked to be straightening out the crooked corner of a blanket—a picnic blanket. Thomas cursed to himself when he couldn't get it to stay flat, however, immediately when I cleared my throat, almost in a way that told him "I caught you", he jerked his head up and stopped what he was doing. His eyes widened as soon as he saw me and almost seemed startled. Thomas was here? Why so early? Perhaps it was because he couldn't stand a day without seeing me, his queen, his sleeping beauty, his love? I smiled dummy at the brainless thought. I was only kidding myself.

"O-Oh, Dawn, hi," he suddenly said as he sloppily stumbled to his feet. "I... hadn't realized that you've woken up. How long have you been standing there?" Thomas' face was all flushed, probably because of the hard work he done to pull this off.

"Long enough," I said, smirking then continued to look around. "Thomas, what is all this?" I asked, walking further into the living room with my arms crossed, having a smile so wide that my eyes began to squint. "This is. . . all for me?"

"Well, uh, that depends..." he said then paused for a brief moment all the while scratching the back of his neck. I knew him long enough to realize that whenever he would scratch his neck he was either nervous or anxious about something. "Do you like it?"

I stared at him for a few seconds, unable to keep a straight face then lunged toward him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Oh my gosh, how is that even a question? Of course, I like it—scratch that, I love it actually!"

"Really?" he asked with his arms frozen in place and hung out like a scarecrow's. He was taken aback by my sudden embrace. "That's a relief, I thought that you'd think this would be stupid. You didn't seem too keen on the idea while you were still in the hospital."

"I'm skeptical of a lot of things, you should know this by now, but you really out done yourself. This is so beautiful, Thomas, with the grass rug, the trees, the rocks—thank you. This was so thoughtful."

He hesitated when he hugged me back; it seemed almost as if he was afraid that he could break me—like I was some sort of glass vase that had just been glued together. Did I honestly look that fragile in his eyes? Was I that broken? On the outside it was quite apparent—I was skinny, my skin was pale, and my eyes always looked tired—the list goes on, but fortunately the inside of me was the complete opposite. I could feel the life inside my spirit growing and I'm thankful for God and His Living Water for that.

Even so, I still wouldn't blame Thomas for worrying about me, not after all he'd seen me go through. He was scared for me and so was I, but once his arms were around my waist it was like he'd forgotten of his concerns and just held me. He held me gently between his arms and warmed my body with his warmth, however, I sensed a deep needing from him while in his grasp; it was a moment he'd been longing for. Had he really missed me this much? He pulled me closer to himself and gently rested his chin on top of my head. This was a sweet and tender moment we shared but it was short lived because Thomas quickly cleared his throat then pulled away; his dusty eyes stared back at my own before his lips smoothly curled upward into a smile.