Chapter 7

Laurens P.O.V-

*4 days later*

Its been 4 days since I confessed my feelings to Camila and vice versa. Since then, we've shared many more innocent kisses and prolonged hugs. Everything's going perfect. Brad is leaving Camila and I alone, school is going great, I have the 4 bestest friends anyone could ever ask for. My life is great for once.

Right now I'm on my way to Camila's house because she said she had a surprise for me. She refused to tell me what it is so I'm kind of nervous, but i know if the girl who hates surprises has one- its gonna be good.

Once I reached Camilas house, I slowly made my way up to her house. As I approached the front door, it suddenly flew open and a small figure fled from the entrance and ran towards me. I opened my arms and the petite figure wasted no time and jumped into my arms and wrapped her legs around my body, successfully giving me a koala hug.

"Why hello to you too, babe" I laughed as I held her tight to my body.

"I missed you." she confessed as she barried her head into my shoulder.

"As much as I missed you too, you saw me only a couple hours ago."

"I know, but thats too long."

"Whatever you say, Camzi." I said as I walked towards her front door with her still in my arms.

As we- well I walked through the doors, I  heard tiny little footsteps running through the halls. To say the least, I wasn't surprised to see who it was.

"Kaki! Is that Lauren?" A small voice echoed through the house.

"Yes Sofi, Lauren's here" She said and she finally released her hold on my body.

"Hey sofster, how are you?" I asked as I pulled her into a hug.

"I've missed seeing you around, but I'm good."

Now I feel bad. We've been spending most of our time at my house for alone time, I didn't even consider her sister missing us.

"Well, I'm here now, aren't I?"

"Yeah! Oh my god, you have to see what Kaki did! She put-" Camila threw her hand over Sofia's mouth.

"Okay, Sofi. I said it was a surprise and it wouldn't be much of a surprise if you told her, right?" Camila said ultimately cutting Sofia off.

"Majdph."

"Sorry, what was that Sof?" I asked as Camila removed her hand from her mouth for her.

"Sorry Kaki." She mumbled in shame. Tears trickled in the little girls' eyes. 

"Hey, don't worry about it bug. Why don't you go hang out with Addison next door and we'll hang out with you later. Sound good?" 

"Okay!" She shouted enthusiastically as she ran out the door.

"So that surprise?" I asked to which Camila said nothing, she only smirked.

Camila's P.O.V-

I grabbed Laurens hand and led her out the door to the backyard. You see, I want to ask Lauren to be my girlfriend. She initiated the first kiss, so I want to ask her before she asks me. Dinah told me to do it before her because Lauren wanted to do it but was insecure about being rejected.

Being Laurens friend, she always came to me about relationship advice when she wanted to ask someone out. As much as it hurt, I gave it to her obviously. She fears rejection, just like half the human population. No one likes being rejected, but not as much as Lauren.